Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Supers are ruining T7 for me. Please remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

The rage art looks okay, only because it looks super unsafe on block and loses to lows. Just gotta bait it I guess.

Bound looks like it still exists too, but only after a special string (E.G Law F3,4), which launches the opponent really high mid juggle and gives them a spinning-fall animation, not sure what the criteria are for these strings getting this property though.

No more tech-roll oki is actually a really good thing IMO. It's like taking the vortex out of SF and getting back to bare neutral gameplay. Definitely going to be more beginner friendly and will focus the game back on solid poking and reads, as opposed to get a knockdown and endlessly bounding opponents into oblivion.

Happy enough with the roster so far, disagree with BSG on the Jin thing. My guess, DVJ is gone, Jin will be a boss character or unlockable.

New characters look a bit meh so far. Female Miguel and Final Fantasy Maxi aren't going to cut it IMO.

Good stuff, really impressed with what I've seen so far.

A mere speculation, that spinning-fall animation I spoke about before seems to be a type of bound in itself, not that it can be followed up with a conventional bound.

It also seems like it's always a high move that causes it, or last hit of a string which is high.
    A few examples I've seen:
    Law: F3,4 (h/h), B4,3 (m,h) (Guess: DSS 3)
    Hwoarang: RFF [3,4], RFLA 2, B4
    Bryan: F1+2, (Guess B2,1,2)

This is a really interesting way of utilizing more and more tools mid juggle to fit the situation accordingly. Will keep my eyes peeled on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Good vid by novril:

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I don't know yet if it'll be good or not. But I am really glad that they are making a lot of effort to...

Get new players in
    Make it more exciting
    Most importantly: Make it totally different to any Tekken before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

This is a game in development so I am trying to take everything with a grain of salt, but my 2 cents, if it matters;

The power crush system (or whatever it is) needs reworked, it's become a trend in fighting games this last few years to have some sort of "get out of jail for free" or "hail mary" move. It has no place in any game let alone a game like this, I don't think it should be in the game at all, but, I'm sure they could TRY and balance it a little

Netsu/rage NEEDS to go. Same as I said above, comeback mechanics are also a thing in fighting games now too, it's silly and would make the game much better if it just went. What was wrong with Tekken 5 that Tekken 6 needed to introduce netsu? Nothing, that's what

They removed bounds which is a REALLY GOOD thing, but, they replaced it with something similar? Why? Combos still look as long, if only a LITTLE shorter. Just remove the extending juggling system, have it like it was in T5. With netsu and the new power crush thing, removing bounds just seems pointless as the insane damage is gonna find it's way back in anyway? Removing netsu and bounds would make the game more orientated on spacing and correct punishing. You are not rewarded as much anymore as you were before for playing well in Tekken, the risk reward system is a little askew and I feel like tweaking those two game mechanics would do wonders for the game

The oki changes are INCREDIBLE. Really good stuff from Namco here. I know that making a good read on a back roll isn't rewarded anymore, but should it have been in the first place? I don't think so, especially when the reward was another full combo and the risk was basically 0 :pac: Kinda silly, so glad to see it gone. And the new neutral get up is interesting. The roll after ankle kick thing is also cool, really liking the new oki options

Character roster smaller is welcomed, gotta reel in the new players which is a good thing for any fighting game, if done right. Also the roster for tekken was getting a bit mental, the game is so fun and rewarding, but the massive roster is what turned 90% of people who wanted to learn the game, off of it. Glad to see 'em shrink it down

As far as the supers go, I'm in two minds about them. I'm commending them trying new things, but some seem a little iffy. I saw a video where the Kaz player had no health, and his opponent had quite a bit. He just went "**** IT" and did his super, which then seemed to absorb a hit? Or be invincible? It then managed to win him the game. This is not okay. The whole invincibility/absorb system just seems so odd in Tekken, it might be bad for the game to just have a move that can deal 40%+ that you can do randomly and have it hit, because it can blow through moves. It needs tweaking, risk/reward for supers right now is silly (unless I am mistaken and they don't absorb/have invincibility). Make it so you can only do them in combos, that would be a good change, no hail marys allowed

Overall I think they are making a move in the right direction with how they want the game to be, but I still think some of the new additions are a bit mental. If they can manage to change some things, the game will end up being great and back to it's grass roots. As I stated a lot of the new changes are great and I'm happy to see them, but some of the changes are a little "ehh" and seem to fly in the face of all the good things they're doing with this game. Don't let it be for nothing Namco, please make this game great. For now though I'm not really sold, but I have high hopes that they will change things from now till then!

Also some of my info could be wrong, please feel free to correct me :)
    Fergus_ wrote: »
    Nope, not gonna get into it, no oki = no fun.

Of course there's oki? :confused:

Just not silly backroll catches, how can you complain about that :pac: Tut tut Gus :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Go to 00:28 and tell me that doesn't look silly, he got up almost instantly and made f2 whiff. That new getup is too good in its current state, looks like there's 0 reason to not do that. In fact, it actually looks invincible since f2 passed through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2D5Zlrke4M#t=28

It didn't pass through it, it just whiffed. It looks fine, the Asuka player couldn't be punished so the risk/reward is still okay, it looks grand

The f2 whiff was definitely punishable with i10 at least, the point was, it should have hit him on the way up, but the getup is too fast. And it did kinda look it went through him towards the end. In TTT2, the situation would have been, df1 to float quickstand (which can block f2) or stay/sideroll/backroll to eat f2, now both options are nullified by this new getup thing.

Armoured moves needs to go as well, it's too good as a "one button beats most of your options" thing, especially when supers can absorb lows as well. I'm fine with supers, just remove the armour. It's a thing that shouldn't be in tekken, especially when certain characters like Paul has a + on block move that is armoured or Lili getting a launch off hers.

I agree with the second part about armored moves, they're dumb. IDK about the oki thing, it seems like it has a lot of recovery on the end, don't know if it can be punished. We'll have to wait and see

• Advertisement

Ah they're just testing these things out. I'm sure it'll be really different by next year. Different moves, properties etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Picking this up day one, wske up arts all day

Nutrient wrote: »
    Picking this up day one, wske up arts all day

dH8sYjK.gif

King is looking rather silly if anyone else noticed. His db/d+2 now puts opponent into the K.O (ow my back) animation if it's done after the flop-bound, which leads into a 50/50 on the ground that you have to take, or he just spikes you and does a truck load of damage.

I'm sure they'll do something about that, it's annoyingly good looking so far. As they said the game's only 50% finished. Any word on when they want to release it?

Haven't a clue. There's a lot of tweaking to be done I'm sure. Also noticed Asuka's reversal doesn't work against Rage Art. Guess you're going to be relying on B3 to close rounds from now on? :P

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Haven't a clue. There's a lot of tweaking to be done I'm sure. Also noticed Asuka's reversal doesn't work against Rage Art. Guess you're going to be relying on B3 to close rounds from now on? :P

Nah I think I'll stick with the good oul' f2/d1+2 mixup as my round ender.

Also, if King guesses right on his GT mixup, it floor breaks into a full combo, and most of the stages so far seems to be covered by mostly floor breaks \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The rage arts seem completely unnecessary. Nobody needed this in Tekken. As people have said before it's all apart of the "comeback" mechanics. Whatever happened to making a comeback through conventional gameplay and keeping your cool rather than a dedicated panic button? Rage arts also seem like they could end up as super easy whiff punishers.

And overall... they seems just really boring. They freeze the game, you can't do anything but watch, your character tanks a blow... I think it disrupts the flow of the game. People are saying yeah the game's still 50% done but there's no way they're going to remove rage arts this is obviously one of the big things that's going to be in the game... and I can't see them being much different than they are now to when this game is released. It'll probably still freeze the game, tank a hit and do a big useless cinematic which is all anyone really cares about.

The only cool one was King and Kazuya's... the rest look hella uninspired. Dragunov's is 100% bore.

The animations look... well, the same. We've still got the generic animations from Tekken 1! And the KO animations added by T6 are still here too. They're all looking dated now... but the overall animation execution seems to have improved. Each animation flows into next
    really well you can see it when people are backdashing it doesn't look as stiff or "gamey" anymore. The old animations are easily replaceable though much like the decade-old costumes so hopefully it improves because tekken's animation quality has always been the best around in 3D fighters making others like DOA look like a joke.

Dem sparks though... holy hell gonna be needing a welding mask playing this game. I don't mind them I just hope they tone it down by about 80% or add graphic options to the home platform release. If not... only mods can save us if there's a PC release then.

The fact that the arcade cabinets are going to have a big focus on online play between different arcades from other cities and even countries makes it very exciting for what this could do for the eventual home platform release's netcode. TTT2 online with players in the EU on high-speed lines have always been great. With other Irish players I've been getting 5 bar connection and it's amazing... if this even gets 20% better then that's a huge win I think. I'm also still convinced that most of the laggy players you meet in TTT2 is caused by idiots using wireless connection for FGs and crappy ISP packages.

Yeah king is definitely, well....the king at the minute it seems :pac: His 50/50 mixup thing that you're forced to eat is ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

I heard that they are cutting back on bounds a bit. But then again you can currently bound after a low parry so ...
    Happy that it is going back to 1v1 also. Heres to mishimas being top tier again >:D

It'll certainly simplify the tier list anyway. Also 1/4 the budget of Tekken 5? I think they're doing well.

I heard that they are cutting back on bounds a bit. But then again you can currently bound after a low parry so ...
    Happy that it is going back to 1v1 also. Heres to mishimas being top tier again >:D

Bound after a low parry is a far cry compared to the reward you used to get after a low parry, back in the T4-T5 days. I'll take a watered-down juggle over making ANY low launch punishable any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

so an arcade release date has been confirmed. February 2015

Would it reasonable to think we could get a console release in later 2015?

I think it's reasonable to assume they are going for a very quick console/PC launch. I'd say next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2014/10/20/tekken-7-new-customization-images-from-recent-exhibit.html

some pics of custom outfits.

My favourite is easily Metal Gear Dragunov.

I wish they'd just make customs with nice jeans and tops etc.

Casual clothes pls

No. Muskateer Steve back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Custom Dragunov looks so sick! I actually have him cosplaying Snake in TTT2. Oh man, if they make the customisation even more robust than T6 and with more items than TTT2 we're gonna have a good time. At least they should allow basic things like taking the damn gloves off of the Christmas outfits for the ladies.

Advertisement