Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Looks like a reject from Deus Ex.

lol yeah, still better than Chloe though

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

I was listening to ATP Live this morning and they had Mr Naps talking about his experience playing the T7 prototype in Japan. Here's a few quotes from him in relation to the mechanics.

- Rage Arts are quite situational. You often will absorb hit(s) in the startup that will K.O the character that is using it. You may not even get to access rage as there are a number of moves and launchers that do enough damage to finish you before getting to use it.
    - Combos while different with the Kirimori system have the same gravity of floating as in T6 and T7. Wall enders that you do from a wall splat are almost exactly the same. (eg. for Lars db+2,1 f+1+4)
    - (Listen up Fergus) Power Crush is more situational than you'd might expect. As I guessed the crush definitely does not start on the first frame (as with most crushing moves). In a match between himself and Nobi, Bryan's ff+2 absorbed Lars' df+1 but was halted by Lars following up with a sit jab (apparently power crushes don't absorb s-mids). So if Lars had time to do a sit jab he could have still ducked Bryan and launched him even with that df+1 being absorbed. In the case of mid Power Crush moves you'll probably have time to block as well. Bear in mind as well ff+2 with Bryan is currently the fastest power crush in the game.
    - T7's block frames are definitely taken from TR. Bryan's db+1+2 (his red invincible from TR) is still -16 on block and Drag's ff+2 is actually safe on block. No doubt this'll be changed later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

New character, Shaheen from Saudi Arabia

8PHH1

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

It's kind of funny, Saudi Arabia is probably the country in the Middle East with least interest in Tekken. Also those clothes aren't really at all accurate of what people wear here, still looks like Etzio.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Not as cool looking as Lucky Chloe

His high-res art doesn't look quite finished yet, so maybe there's more to come from this design. Namco also made a good desicion to give him a thicker beard (compared to the initial char art where he was a bit baby faced).

I think after the first 3 chars revealed, some players like me who tend to play macho male chars just wanted a no-nonsense martial artist to be a new char for T7. And it looks like Shaheen fits the bill.

I like him, the headgear makes the overall design a bit too stereotypical but he's the best char revealed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

It's kind of funny, Saudi Arabia is probably the country in the Middle East with least interest in Tekken. Also those clothes aren't really at all accurate of what people wear here, still looks like Etzio.

None of the other Tekken characters dress accurately to what the average citizen of their nationality wears either. Is every French girl a gothic lolita, or every Russian a military assassin?

I also don't see Etzio in this guy what so ever.

Cool looking character, hope he is fun to play.

Is every French girl a gothic lolita, or every Russian a military assassin?

No, but everyone knows Lili is a pretty poor design anyway. Also your comment to Dragonov is in regards to his background, not his clothes. If you were in the military you probably would wear something along the lines of drag's costume.

I guess I shouldn't talk about this until I see his fighting style though. He does seem like he might be meant to replace Miguel doesn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

... He does seem like he might be meant to replace Miguel doesn't he?
    Yeah, I get that vibe too man.
    Kinda sucks as I was planning on picking up Mig for T7.

Also,
    Did any of you notice that Lee has also not been appearing in any of the little promo stuff or the T7 location test? ALso that Maxwell has has lee's standing 4?
    I've a feeling he's gone too.
    And, I really wouldn't be surprised if bruce and bob we're chopped also.

This sucks for me as I want to look into a new male character but all the ones that interested me are either (as of yet) unconfirmed for T7 or look like they'll be getting the axe!! :mad:

The new male characters look good though? Better than the females I think. BTW I don't have any new PM's?

Yeah, I get that vibe too man.
    Kinda sucks as I was planning on picking up Mig for T7.

Also,
    Did any of you notice that Lee has also not been appearing in any of the little promo stuff or the T7 location test? ALso that Maxwell has has lee's standing 4?
    I've a feeling he's gone too.
    And, I really wouldn't be surprised if bruce and bob we're chopped also.

This sucks for me as I want to look into a new male character but all the ones that interested me are either (as of yet) unconfirmed for T7 or look like they'll be getting the axe!! :mad:

I don't think the standing 4 argument is really any reason to suggest that Lee is leaving, a lot of chars like Law, Bruce, Bryan, Wang and others already have a standing 4 that's i11 and a CH launcher.

Namco seem to be getting rid of chars that share similar movesets with another, bar Mishimas. Lee may possibly be gotten rid of for sharing some moves with Law but on the other hand if they're focusing on the story T7 being the "final battle" of the Mishimas it would be a bit strange to not have him featured. If Lee was popular enough to be in the T4 roster, I would say he'll remain.

Bryan has received Bruce's b+1+2, and the inclusion of Katarina as another kickboxer is evidence to suggest that he won't be in. The whole Shaheen and Miguel looking like each other will probably less of an issue when we get to see some Shaheen gameplay, he'll likely have a very different fighting style and personality compared to Mig. Everyone seems to love him anyway.

As for Bob, he's fine to stay as long as he gets nerfed to an acceptable level. I honestly don't think anyone actually likes Bob from an aesthetic standpoint and he's only popular for how strong he's been in both T6 and TTT2.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mathrew

T6 is quite good for me, T7 should satisfy me, hopefully.

To me, the chars that made it in T4 (from T1-T3) will definitely be in T7.

Yoshimitsu, Julia, Nina, Eddy(or maybe Christie), Jin, Kuma, Lee, and Lei will all make it imo

Macal wrote: »
    I don't think the standing 4 argument is really any reason to suggest that Lee is leaving
    It aint the standing 4 alone neil.
    It's the fact that he's not appeared on any of the chibi release stickers or any location test coupled with this, and the fact that originally he ws just a law clone. You could argue that he has a bit more significance story wise than a lot of the other clone characters though, that's for sure.
    .. a lot of chars like Law, Bruce, Bryan, Wang and others already have a standing 4 that's i11 and a CH launcher.
    It's the fact that Maxwells standing 4 animation is the exact same one as the one used for lee. Not the fact that he has a magic 4.
    Bryan has received Bruce's b+1+2, and the inclusion of Katarina as another kickboxer is evidence to suggest that he won't be in.
    Yah, I would go along with that logic.
    As for Bob, he's fine to stay as long as he gets nerfed to an acceptable level.
    That's the thing though isn't it?
    They can't seem to balance him.

Overall, it seem's A LOT of the top tier characters are being killed off.
    This will force a lot of ppl to main other characters (most likely their sub-team's from TTT2) and I really believe it will be good for the game over all.
    Here's hoping :)

@Gus:
    Why do you say "definitely"?

They feel like staple characters, Nina and Yoshi should be in at least, I really can't see them not being in a tekken game.

But then again, Kazuya wasn't in T3.

Bob has three things where he is too good in: range, tracking and safety.

The general rule of thumb is that Tekken chars that have good tracking suffer from being vulnerable to backdash (Steve, Law) and the chars that have good range have a weak side to exploit (Jack, Marduk). Bob ignores this rule, as well as his great range, he has both df+1 and b+2 to track to either way. With one of those moves, if not both needs to be nerfed in it's tracking. Lars df+1 in T6 apparently had very good tracking, now in TTT2 it's pretty iffy. Just apply that to Bob. Nerf his jab range to that of Slim Bob and you're making a start.

Here is a list of his safe (or safer) moves that should be unsafe(r) in T7; ff+2(make it -12 or 13, Drag's ff+2 in Tag 2 is also unsafe so I don't see why Bob gets away) ss+1+2 (very similar to Kazama ss+2, make it -12) and uf+3(make -14, has far too good range, crushing and tracking to be only-13), db+3+4 should stagger on block again like in T6. And now Bob's a fair character.

It would be really weird to have a tekken game without Hei, Kaz, king, kuma, paul, law, nina, yoshi, chang...

More lately a Kazama, jin, Hoa, steve, capo..

Everyone else I could imagine being cut. Again I really like the new designs, except for that Catalina one.

I think Bob's ff2 is ok but ss1+2 is ridiculous, why is the opponent crouching and he isn't on top of being super evasive and safe?

• Advertisement

I think DEWGF is the move that really really needs nerfing, it should not be able to track SWL like that.

I wish they would simplify the rules for tracking. Left limbs track left, right ones track right.... that's the way it should be IMO. Things like capo df2 and EWGF break these rules making it annoyingly complex.

Great assesment Neil. :thumbsup:
    Would also add, that the fact that bob's d/f+1 also has and extension (whichs give's a CH gut stun) ASWELL-AS tracking to his left makes his d/f+1 even more OP.
    Also, his shoryuken tracks a stupid amount to his right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

DF1 FOR LIFE (A.KING)

So you might have heard that it's been confirmed arcade cabinets of T7 with controller ports will be at EVO this year.

Thoughts?

It's great news! Good for the game and gamers alike. I suppose the bad news is that it means T7 wont be on console for while yet.

Did the TTT2 thread get deleted? I can't find it

EDIT: Nvm...weird

Tekken Crash is returning next week with a Tekken 7 arcade tournament with 4 teams of 3.

Team A: Knee(Bryan), Narak(Paul), Naengmyun(Katarina)
    Team B: Ji3moon Ace(Kazuya), Malgu(Law), Help Me(Dragunov)
    Team C: Only Practice(Lars), Feng(Hao), Chanel(Alisa)
    Team D: Hankuma(Leo), JDCR(Heihachi), Saint(Arab<lol>)

So we'll be seeing Shaheen in action next week.

Weird to see Knee not teaming up with Chanel

Hankuma has/had the best Leo in the world, but he had to switch to Bears T_T but sick to see his Leo again

• Advertisement

SWEEEET! :)
    Really looking forward to seeing J13moon Aces Kaz, Malgu's law (best T6br law IMO) and Saint playing Shaheen should be interesting.
    Saint is such a calculated and annoying player, I love him! haha!

Advertisement