Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying tickets on Viagogo

Options
  • 14-07-2014 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hi Can some one let me know is it OK to buy tickets on VIAGOGO ?

I know very little about it but need to buy tickets for some visitors - and ticketmaster not showing any paired tickets available

It looks like it sells tickets for other people - what is the likelihood of dude / counterfeit tickets?

It also shows some as available by eticket - if these were originally owned by some one else would their details etc not show on it and be needed to access ? I ask because I'd prefer eticket than waiting on tickets to arrive in a few months time

Thanks for any help - I did google etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

They're legitimized touts, essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

blastman wrote: »
    They're legitimized touts, essentially.

thanks

I guessed that - so I am guessing there is no way to ensure its not a ticket scam/fake

Buying for some one else so don't want it to be a disaster on their first days in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

thanks

I guessed that - so I am guessing there is no way to ensure its not a ticket scam/fake

Buying for some one else so don't want it to be a disaster on their first days in Ireland

I got some on StubHub which is a similar concept and they don't pay the seller unless you get into the concert on the tickets - if you have problem you contact StubHub and they refund you and don't pay the seller - so that sort of reduces scam risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Might be worth trying www.toutless.com for the tickets, what's the event?

I hate touts but used viagogo for a football match as they're the official re-sellers of returned tickets, they're fully legit and I would seriously doubt there is any chance of them selling fake tickets.

Might also be worth contacting the venue themselves as returns pop up occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Might be worth trying www.toutless.com for the tickets, what's the event?

I hate touts but used viagogo for a football match as they're the official re-sellers of returned tickets, they're fully legit and I would seriously doubt there is any chance of them selling fake tickets.

Might also be worth contacting the venue themselves as returns pop up occasionally.

Lady Gaga in O2 :(

Tickets available on ticketmaster - but these are students so trying to get the cheap ones (55 plus charge)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement