Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Centres in London

• 14-07-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Hi all just looking for a bit of advice, I'm studying for a masters in psychology over here, and I am doing a piece of research about Irish women and menopause, but I'm having some difficulty getting participants. I've gotten some help from Mind Yourself (who've been very good to me with advertising the project) and been in touch with The London Irish centre in Camden but they can't help.

Does anyone know of any other Irish centres or groups I could contact? :(

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I couldn't tell you whether they'll be able to help, but a swift google search suggests that the Haringey Irish Centre, the Hammersmith Irish Cultural Centre and London Irish Care might be worth contacting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Check out meetup.com too, there is a dedicated Irish in London group, so there might be a group for older Irish ladies too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Thanks for the help, I harassed all of the groups mentioned above :p and a few more, fingers crossed!! It can be a bit hard to get started when you don't really know the system or where to be looking. cheers :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Might also be worth contacting the Women's Institute branches in traditionally Irish areas like North West London:

http://www.brent.gov.uk/your-community/community-directory/womens-institute-%28north-west-london%29/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fysh wrote: »
    I couldn't tell you whether they'll be able to help, but a swift google search suggests that the Haringey Irish Centre, the Hammersmith Irish Cultural Centre and London Irish Care might be worth contacting.

That was demolished in the last year and is currently being rebuilt again w/flats on top so I don't think they'll get back to you for now :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Ha I think they are running groups in different locations :) fingers crossed at least :p

Advertisement