If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio BX2 vs. M4s

Options
  • 14-07-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey guys,

Just in reference to John's response to me on the speaker clearance thread::

A huge thanks for the fantastic offer on the M4s, but I've been looking around, and spotted the MA BX2s you have up on adverts for €269.99. I figure if I'm gonna go over budget anyway, I can take it a little further and just live on toast for a few nights once uni starts up again!

The BX2s are obviously the higher-end product, but in your experienced opinion, are they worth the extra cost vs. the M4s?

I listen to a huge variety of music, from fast-paced metal to deep house, dubstep etc. so accuracy and clarity are important to me, as well as the ability to go, well, low on the lows. How would the overall experience from the BX2s compare with the floorstanders?

EDIT: They'll be paired with a Denon PMA-720AE by the way!

Thanks for the help! 
    Apoph.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Apopholis wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just in reference to John's response to me on the speaker clearance thread::

A huge thanks for the fantastic offer on the M4s, but I've been looking around, and spotted the MA BX2s you have up on adverts for €269.99. I figure if I'm gonna go over budget anyway, I can take it a little further and just live on toast for a few nights once uni starts up again!

The BX2s are obviously the higher-end product, but in your experienced opinion, are they worth the extra cost vs. the M4s?

I listen to a huge variety of music, from fast-paced metal to deep house, dubstep etc. so accuracy and clarity are important to me, as well as the ability to go, well, low on the lows. How would the overall experience from the BX2s compare with the floorstanders?

EDIT: They'll be paired with a Denon PMA-720AE by the way!

Thanks for the help! 
    Apoph.
    Hi Apopholis.

The M4 speakers will give you a deeper bass response over the BX2 as they have the extra driver.

The BX2 speakers however really do sound fantastic and have great reviews.

The BX2 have a better tweeter as in theory they are the newer version of the M4 which use the old Bronze technology and are the American version.

Sorry if this does not help too much but both are great sounding speakers. 
    I run the older version of the BX6 along with a Yamaha RXV673 in my home cinema but also use them for listening to vinyl, airplay and Spotify through. I also listen to all of the above types of music also.

I did have a HiFi before I moved and had no longer the room. I ran a Denon PMA-700 and the Monitor Audio RS1 speakers and they were perfect together.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Apopholis

I think the BX2s are the ones to go for really! Newer tech and all that. 

I knew the M4s would be more bassy, but the BX2s will have significantly better lows than what I'm currently running anyway (JPW Gold Mini's) :P

Could you quote me a price on the Walnut BX2s so, please? :)

Thanks again for the help!

I knew the M4s would be more bassy, but the BX2s will have significantly better lows than what I'm currently running anyway (JPW Gold Mini's) :P

Hi Apopholis.

You will not be disappointed with the BX2 speakers.

Seems the advert price has not been updated in a while ;) . The Walnut BX2 are listed on Adverts @ 279.99 Euro and delivery would come in at 16.99 Euro.

If you would like to go for these drop me a contact number via PM I can give you a bell or you can get me on 0044 333 900 0070

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Apopholis

Hi Apopholis.

Seems the advert price has not been updated in a while ;) . The Walnut BX2 are listed on Adverts @ 279.99 Euro and delivery would come in at 16.99 Euro.

If you would like to go for these drop me a contact number via PM I can give you a bell or you can get me on 0044 333 900 0070
    Cheers Kenny :)

I'll have to call tomorrow as I'm heading out in minutes :) You should hear from me tomorrow morning/early afternoon!

Hi Apopholis.

Cheers Kenny :)

I'll have to call tomorrow as I'm heading out in minutes :) You should hear from me tomorrow morning/early afternoon!
    Hi Apopholis.

No problem at all.

Speak to you tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.