Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Trace microchips problem

• 14-07-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I've just been reading on a FB page that people have had issues with microchips in animals they have had done at the free events that DSPCA hold around the country - the Pet Trace chips. Some of the microchips appear to be duplicates, so more than one animal has the same number, and so, as the system can only handle one owners details, the wrong details are stored for one of them.

An SPCA had the same issue last year, when a found animal was scanned, they contacted the registered owner, but it was the wrong owner. So I would suggest that anyone with a Pet Trace chip check the details asap.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Thanks for that!

A friend of mine got her dog chipped at one of those events last year so I've given her the heads up and she's going to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

I had a bit of an issue with my terrier boy who was chipped by them at Pet Expo a few years back. Despite filling in the registration details, I found out a good bit later that his chip was not registered. The vet nurse said they had seen a few cases of this with the DSPCA/Pet Trace chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I had a chip with fido.ie for my fella (or so I thought) and on the back of this thread, I just thought I would check if he was registered to me.

I had issues with them taking a good length of time to register him in the first place. Remember having to contact them several times to get it resolved. This was over 5 years ago now. I had checked once they confirmed they were associated with me and the definitely were.

Anyway logged in to the site and low and behold my details are there but my dog's aren't.

I have contacted them again to sort this out. I had to send them the original form from the vet and I can't seem to find the copy I made so I don't have my dog's chip number. So as you can imagine, I am really not impressed!

I'd urge everyone to check regardless of the chip manufacturer if your pet is registered to your name...

Advertisement