Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dating and texting

• 14-07-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok,

so I am totally new to the dating world after the end of a long term relationship.

I asked a nice guy out. We were texting a small bit before the date - I initiated some of it. a few jokes and a bit of a giggle.

Had fun on the date. I enjoyed his company. Not 100 percent how I feel about him romantically. We kissed but I didn't feel too comfortable. Weighing things up, I am interested in spending a little bit more time with him and see how I feel. A second date has been arranged.

I get the feeling he really likes me though. He has sent me a nice text everyday and I respond.

By responding to him and engaging in chit chat etc am I leading him on in a way or is it ok to just go with it?

My last boyfriend used to just ignore texts I sent to him so I'm a bit out of touch when it comes to dating/texting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

How would you be leading him on? You've already agreed to a 2nd date so I would say it's normal to talk/text him before the date. The only way you'd be leading him on would be if you had no intention of turning up for the date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i think you are overcomplicating a situation that is not complicated at all.

I'd advise you to enjoy the chit chat and the date(s), and continue as long as you do enjoy them, then if you get to the point where you dont, & you make a decision; act accordingly.

If he seems more attached, then just be kind. If it comes to it, let him down gently and don't string him along.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I think you're still in the "testing the waters" stage. It might take two or three dates to figure out if you're interested in someone. Contacting them in between dates is no harm.

But if you have a second date and you know there's nothing there, be honest and just tell him. It's only stringing someone along if you know there's no future in it but don't tell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

How on earth would common courtesy be misconstrued as leading him on? He texts you and you text him back, you're not declaring undying love and making false promises. Relax, there's no issue here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Don't worry about it. A few texts between dates totally the norm! If it was the other way around it would be much odder!

• Advertisement
Advertisement