Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Murphy Doyle Motors Ballymount

• 14-07-2014 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I have been to view 2 cars in this dealer and was wondering if anyone has had any experience dealing with them in the past and should I avoid.

Regards,

Jim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

AVOID AVOID AVOID
    I bought my 535d from there, cowboys ted, treat as a private sale.
    They change business name every 12-18 months. Wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jmaguire1977

Thank you for the reply. I got a feeling something was slightly amiss or amateurish alright and wasnt entirely happy.
    The cars I was looking at only had a 3 month warranty anyway so it would have been like a private sale alright. Was it the aftersale service that was a problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Anyone have any more experience/info on these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Roturua

As posted by hot pocket, serious bunch of cowboys! I've looked at cars at numerous garages but these boys take the biscuit. Their whole set-up just seems dodgy. As hot pocket said all you'll ever get is a 3 month warranty and they're consistently changing their name. Last one was Barclays. I went to look at two cars with them before in the summer and they had to jump both cars. The lads who work for them are your quintessential slime ball car sales men types. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

What car?

Would do my best not to deal with them, but they buy some of our used stock so it's not all dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Roturua

Any info on a black 2007 2.0 Litre BMW 3 Series Coupe with cream leather interior and 106K miles on board that they have in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aingeal 1

I bought a 2008 Nissan Tiida from this garage 18 months ago. Great car, in very good condition and at a very competitive price.
    Rather than being unprofessional I found the staff friendly and down to earth.
    A three month guarantee with a five year old car is fairly standard from my research.
    This car still looks and drives like new.
    My daughter is looking for a car and I revisited Murphy Doyle to see if they had anything suitable available. I was surprised at the negative reviews.
    I joined boards to post this when I saw the bad reviews to give the other side of the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What time do you open? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gaga5

Any more positive reviews for Murphy Doyle Motors please?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

You'll be doing well to go on boards for a good review of a dealer. Mostly people giving out. People who have good experience rarely post. Is there no other sites that have better formats for this type of thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Gaga5 wrote: »
    Any more positive reviews for Murphy Doyle Motors please?

Another new reg..
    Why do you join but ask only for positive reviews of your cowboy operation? When to be positive about you would be to lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 raz_g

I bought a 08 reg bmw from these guys at the end of 2013.
    Car had no service history (my mistake for buying it and ignoring this) but was given a 3 month warranty with it.

I am not here to say that murphy and doyle are a bad dealer but I found my experience with them awful.

Car was burning oil heavily (1 litre of oil needed every 250 miles) and when I rang to tell them about it and try to get it fixed they fobed me off.

I insisted and eventually they agreed for me to bring it in. They reminded me to look at my warranty information and stated that they will only cover half of the cost of repair.

The reason for this is because they stated on warranty "parts OR labour only". Again, this is a mistake on my part that I didnt read the document carefully. Needless to say, I didnt bring the car in as I couldnt afford such a costly repair (my own mechanic advised me it would cost at least 2000 euro to fix it as engine needed to be taken apart).

I will never buy a car from this dealer again. Just wish I had found the above reviews before I purchased the car.

I hope my post helps people in some way.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 flicflac7

Bought an 320 Coupe off these guys a year ago advertised with Full Service history. Needless to say they couldn't find the book. I was promised they would contact the original owner and source it, then they would pay BMW to print a new one, after 6 months of chasing I gave up, Their staff are rude, the owner is a gangster the company name changes every few years (warning sign) stay away you will get burned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Car was advertised with full service history, none in the car on inspection. Asked salesman who got all snarky saying "it's in there". He went away came back and said lads were looking for it, real attitude on the fella. Cowboys.

Advertisement