Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild camping locations dublin/wicklow

Options
  • 14-07-2014 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I'm looking for camping locations that are accessible by public transport from dublin.

I went camping last week in scalp woods and it was brilliant but there was no stream or river. Would prefer somewhere with water.

Thinking of going to masseys estate but I have been told camping is not permitted withi anywhere in the dublin wicklow mountains. Does anyone know if this is true? Would it be alright to camp here anyway? Has anyone camped here before? Is it popular with scaldys? I would have thought they would all go to three rock.

I have heard lough tay is beautiful for camping and st Kevin's bus drops you pretty close but much of the land is private and guarded by "rangers". Would I have any trouble camping at any of the lakes around this area? Accessible along the Kevin's bus route

So basically camping locations within public transport distance with access to water.

Advertisement