Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with phones misdialing and Eircom eingineers don't have a solution

Options
  • 14-07-2014 1:39pm

I've sent a PM and am waiting for an answer.
    We are still having ongoing problems with a phone. We've had Eircom engineers out and they don't know how to fix it. They say there's nothing wrong. We've changed phones in both areas and this week had an electrician in to rewire the inside, as your men said they couldn't do it (? What are they able to do?) The problem is the phone is misdialling. It used be intermittent, now is practically every second call. It says "The number you have dialled is incorrect, please redial adding in **" This even if to a mobile. We did think it was the lady herself misdialling, but we've found it ourselves and it happens even with saved numbers. Last week she rang a local number and a relative in another area answered! His was the last call she had made before that! Both phones she has are Eircom ones. We are really concerned as she is elderly and lives alone and has a panic button. This tests ok whenever we try it, but we are worried that in a real emergency it won't work. HELP, PLEASE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

you didnt sign up for a CPS service and then cancel by any chance? If you did the prefix could still be stuck being put on all numbers on your line (or whatever way that is setup)

you didnt sign up for a CPS service and then cancel by any chance? If you did the prefix could still be stuck being put on all numbers on your line (or whatever way that is setup)
    What's CPS? This phone belongs to an OAP, who would only have been with Eircom, as they were the ones giving free units under the Household package with Welfare. It doesn't happen every time. And not just landlines. Sometimes stored numbers and dialled ones too. it's very frustrating, as Eircom don't seem to be able to fix it. 

carrier preselct. Basically if you sign up with them to get cheaper calls they re route your calls through their network by automatically putting in a prefix in front of all numbers you dial.

I have heard of some companies trying to trick people to sign up. Has she/he got any weird telecom bills unpaid there? Non eircom of course!

carrier preselct. Basically if you sign up with them to get cheaper calls they re route your calls through their network by automatically putting in a prefix in front of all numbers you dial.

I have heard of some companies trying to trick people to sign up. Has she/he got any weird telecom bills unpaid there? Non eircom of course!
    Thanks. No, she never signed with anyone, as she was getting the free units from Eircom. Anyway, she's always reluctant to change anything!

no poblem..it was worth a shot! hopefully eircom sort you out..

• Advertisement

Do Eircom not respond to queries or private messages on Boards any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Do Eircom not respond to queries or private messages on Boards any more?
    Hi Deleted User

I have not received a PM from you on this yet, I'm sorry nobody else got back to you yet but if you would like to PM me the landline number affected I will be happy to look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement