Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License Application

Options
  • 14-07-2014 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

hey guys,

I am applying for my first gun license. I am currently filling out the paper work but the dealer has not yet given me the serial number and other details.

Is it possible for someone else to submit all the documentation for me as I will be out of the country for a few weeks, before the dealer has all the info, or do I need to there in person?

Cheers for the help

RossiFan08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You need to be there in person Rossi. If the dealer has the firearm and you've paid for it but he's not giving you the serial number, I'd be a bit confused and I'd put in a call to the RFD to clarify things. The sequence everyone else follows is: select firearm from RFD, put down deposit, get details (serial #, etc) of firearm, fill in FCA1 and submit the form, get the licence, pay the remainder of the money to the RFD, take possession of the firearm.
    Getting the serial number shouldn't be the step in that sequence that holds things up...

Advertisement