Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike Free 5.0

Options
  • 14-07-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi all,

within the last 5 months i brought a pair of Nike Free 5.0 at first it took a while to get used to them and since then i love them so light on the feet, i have the Flyknit shoes so i don't need to wear socks with them.

But i am looking at doing my first Marathon and was wondering would they be ok to Train and Run with for 26.2 Mile Run ?

i was looking at the Zoom Streak 3 runners for the marathon and was wondering are they just as light as the free ? i used to wear Asics but the shoes can feel quite heavy after some time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

niamh.foley, i have trained for and ran 3 marathons now in the Nike Free run 5.0 and 3.0

i had no problems at all with them. i found that late on in the race when you get tired the light shoes were a great advantage

like yourself wore asics but found them way too heavy.

But what works for me may not work for you, but im sure people on here with a lot more experience than me will guide you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

How did you find doing a Marathon on the 3.0 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

I found them fine, no problems at all, in fact there were more comfortable than in any other marathon i have run in.

Did the Connemarathon in them and got through that ok.

i like the fact that they are so light, which comes into play in the last few miles when you are struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

That's grand I'll head up to the bike outlet center and buy 3 pairs of Nike frees if they have them in stock,

Can't justify paying over 100 for shoes that don't last as what other runners would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Walkforestwalk

That's grand I'll head up to the bike outlet center and buy 3 pairs of Nike frees if they have them in stock,

Can't justify paying over 100 for shoes that don't last as what other runners would.

Where's the nike outlet centre??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Where's the nike outlet centre??

There's one in Kildare Village Outlets

http://www.kildarevillage.com/en/home/home

Yep, I've been there alright!
    They don't have any nike frees! Well at least not any time I've been there!

Yep, I've been there alright!
    They don't have any nike frees! Well at least not any time I've been there!

Footlocker have some pairs on sale at the moment

Advertisement