Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoyed with St Vincent de Paul

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

stevek93 wrote: »

Tell me something 100 a week paying rent and bills I am not entitled to help?

Entitled may the wrong word OP, in need of charitable assistance maybe but entitled?

Maybe you need to apeak to SW as that's where your entitlements come from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

How did you know I had a internet connection? Also scroll up see how I managed to afford my bike.

Also I am not asking vouchers to be dropped at my door I thought that's how it worked my mistake.

Tell me something 100 a week paying rent and bills I am not entitled to help?

My rent and creche fees alone - without bills - are well over two grand a month.

Am I not "entitled" to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

You are unlikely to donate after reading this.... OMG maybe you should read it a little better. Self righteous doesn't come close.
    The person has no money and no food, they borrowed off the credit union to buy a bike which is a nessecity and will pay it back five euro a week.. Wtf is wrong with you. I might get an infraction here but why comment atall.... You wouldn't donate again because this person borrowed money to buy a bike? Because the vdp said they would come and didn't... Sickens me. That's it, don't donate again , feel better about yourself.

I think a mod should look at this thread. The person is asking for advice not comparisons to other people's lifestyle. People should be a bit lest hasty when commenting, this country has an incredibly high suicide rate in young impoverished men... Maybe have a think before jumping on that high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

No need for that sort of condescending response,the OP is just asking for advice.

Bro.Kevin in the Capuchin Day Centre gives out food parcels every Wednesday morning from 9.30am-12 if you have no luck with calling into SDVP.

http://www.homelessdublin.ie/capuchin-day-centre

Only person so far who gave advice instead of bickering about my financial situation and why I am not entitled to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

To be honest I feel to embarrassed to speak to them in a public shop.

That is perfectly understandable. But do you not think that their time would be better served doing drop offs at peoples homes, who are not capable or able to get on a bike and go to them? Surely the elderly, the sick, the infirm, women with small children, or who have just given birth, etc etc should have the first call on their time?

Ethiopians deserve it to but none of this is relevant to the op s post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

My rent and creche fees alone - without bills - are well over two grand a month.

Am I not "entitled" to help?

Never said you weren't sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

dharma200 wrote: »
    Ethiopians deserve it to but none of this is relevant to the op s post.

All of them??? Even these http://www.zehabesha.com/top-10-richest-ethiopians-in-2013-ethiopianreview-com/

Never said you weren't sir.

ma'am ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Only person so far who gave advice instead of bickering about my financial situation and why I am not entitled to help.

I think it's because you sound a little ungrateful in your posting about being inconvenienced that a charity cannot fulfil your wishes.
    Rang them numerous of time and was told they are very busy at the moment and there is nothing they can do.

I'm not asking for a lot I can't understand their tone you beg explain you cannot afford food and don't seem to care.

I think a mod should look at this thread.

Do feel free to report any posts that you think contravene the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

I didn't bicker about either of these, thanks. Actually, I think it's great that you got a bike and are paying it back from the money you get. And I do think some people are being very hard on you. But, at the same time, the SVP can only do so much given the voluntary nature of the work. I hope you get some help soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is there a reason why you're being such a condescending prick to the OP?

As he already explained (if you bothered reading the thread before belittling the OP) SVDP told him that they have to visit him/her to give the voucher.

Personal abuse will not be tolerated here, try it again and you'll be banned from this forum for a week.
    I think a mod should look at this thread. The person is asking for advice not comparisons to other people's lifestyle. People should be a bit lest hasty when commenting, this country has an incredibly high suicide rate in young impoverished men... Maybe have a think before jumping on that high horse.

Then report the posts!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement