If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon AVRX-2000

Options
  • 14-07-2014 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I posted this at the end of the receiver clearance section on Friday, but it seems to have slipped through the net today, so apologies for the double post 

Thinking of replacing my receiver as my old one is not really doing the biz with the new Dali Zensors I got from you last week. I see the Denon AVRX2000 is going for £249 on a the Richer UK site and £239 on Amazon / £225 on ebay at the moment. Have you one in stock, or better still an open box or demo model?

Vinnie. 

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod comment:

I've deleted your other post, just to keep things tidy :-)

Ritz

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

vinniemac wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I posted this at the end of the receiver clearance section on Friday, but it seems to have slipped through the net today, so apologies for the double post 

Thinking of replacing my receiver as my old one is not really doing the biz with the new Dali Zensors I got from you last week. I see the Denon AVRX2000 is going for £249 on a the Richer UK site and £239 on Amazon / £225 on ebay at the moment. Have you one in stock, or better still an open box or demo model?

Vinnie. 
    Hi Vinnie.

I have had a check and there is none of the AVRX2000 left in our warehouse and it looks like it maybe finishing up. Here in Belfast we are also totally out of stock on this unit.

We do have the Yamaha RXV675 still in stock but you are jumping up to £299.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv675/yama-rxv675-blk

This would be a much better receiver if you could stretch and would really get the best from the Dali speakers you purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

Thanks Kenny - The Yamaha would be great, but out of my reach I'm afraid :-(

As an alternative - is the Marantz NR1604 in the clearance thread still available?

As an alternative - is the Marantz NR1604 in the clearance thread still available?
    Hi Vinnie.

Yes the NR1604 is indeed still available and priced on the other thread at £249.95 (Ex-Display)

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny - I'll get back to you tomorrow on that - just checking out a couple of alternatives.

Vinnie

Thanks Kenny - I'll get back to you tomorrow on that - just checking out a couple of alternatives.

Vinnie
    Hi Vinnie.

No problem at all.

Let me know if you come up with anything else and I'll see what I can do.

Hi Kenny

I've been looking at the Cambridge Audio 351r as an alternative. Do you have one in stock in black?

Hi Kenny

I've been looking at the Cambridge Audio 351r as an alternative. Do you have one in stock in black?
    Hi Vinnie.

At the moment we do not have one of the 351R in stock.

I can get one ordered in from our main warehouse and then have it dispatched to you.

351R is currently priced at £199.95 and delivery would be £12.99.

Let me know what you think.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Kenny

Vinnie,
    just to add to the comments above - we can have one in for Friday for you - its an excellent receiver, not as many bells n whistles as the Denon, but it sounds amazing! Far better amp section than pretty much any sub £300 receiver and is great with music as well..

We can actually do it at £199.95 all in including delivery..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks guys - I'll go ahead with the Azur :-) Do you still have my card details on file from last week?

Vinnie

Thanks guys - I'll go ahead with the Azur :-) Do you still have my card details on file from last week?

Vinnie
    Hi Vinnie.

Seems they made they way to the shredder already.

I'll give you a call with 10 minutes if that suits?

No prob. I'll pm you my number

No prob. I'll pm you my number
    Thanks Vinniemac.

:D

Hoping this came in today as expected. Can you PM me a tracking number when you have it please?

Hoping this came in today as expected. Can you PM me a tracking number when you have it please?
    Hi Vinniemac. 

I put it on our direct ship yesterday for you.

It should be with you on Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

I don't have a tracking number as it went straight from our warehouse rather from the store. I'll make a few calls see if I can get one for you.

Hi guys,

Receiver arrived on Friday evening and I've been giving it a lot of use over the weekend. Big improvement in sound over my old Pioneer, although a little brighter sounding than I'd hoped. I've one problem though. When streaming music from my Apple TV the receiver drops the connection at the end of each track before restarting it once a new track begins. This results in the first 2 or 3 seconds of each track being lost. I emailed Cambridge about this and got the following response this morning. 

" I am afraid that this is an issue of implementation on the digital board of the 351R and is an issue with the Apple TV because it inserts a break in the digital signal between each track rather than only doing so when the signal is stopped. This has not been something we can correct on the 351R.
    I am sorry I can't be more help in this instance.
    Ed Selley"

I really like the Receiver apart from this. I chose it because of Cambridge prioritising sound quality as it'll mainly be used for music. So just wondering what my options are?

Vinnie

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi guys,

Receiver arrived on Friday evening and I've been giving it a lot of use over the weekend. Big improvement in sound over my old Pioneer, although a little brighter sounding than I'd hoped. I've one problem though. When streaming music from my Apple TV the receiver drops the connection at the end of each track before restarting it once a new track begins. This results in the first 2 or 3 seconds of each track being lost. I emailed Cambridge about this and got the following response this morning. 

" I am afraid that this is an issue of implementation on the digital board of the 351R and is an issue with the Apple TV because it inserts a break in the digital signal between each track rather than only doing so when the signal is stopped. This has not been something we can correct on the 351R.
    I am sorry I can't be more help in this instance.
    Ed Selley"

I really like the Receiver apart from this. I chose it because of Cambridge prioritising sound quality as it'll mainly be used for music. So just wondering what my options are?

Vinnie
    Vinnie,

thanks for the Post and great to hear that the 351R is a big improvement over your Pioneer - to be honest the guys at Cambridge normally say that the unit will get better after it has been properly run in and should continue to improve over the first 70 - 100 hours.

On the Apple TV issue unfortunately there is very little that I can do to cure this, depending on what source you music is streaming from you may be able to eliminate the gaps ( ie on iTunes there is an option to crossfade tracks) and most apple devices and pods seem to support gapless playback.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for getting back John.

Enabling cross fade helps for albums and playlists, but not if I'm just picking tracks at random. Unfortunately it's also occurring with playing CDs (on a PS3). I'm really surprised that CA wouldn't address this in the firmware of the machine. I see in a review from last year on the Richer UK site that the 551r exhibits the same problem. For a receiver that's touted as ""designed to "sound first" principles" it's a major flaw IMHO. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.