Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Murphy Memorial Marathon and Ultras Sunday 16/11/2014

Options
  • 14-07-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

We have opened the event earlier this year as there has been a lot of interest with regard to the race. Places again are limited so be warned. Once we hit 150 entries we will close off. Entry is only available online and no entries under any circumstances will be taken on the day.

Half Marathon, Marathon, 30 mile, and Double Marathon distances

Online Entry

Last Year’s Thread

Facebook

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 10 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    70%
    opuschavezychavezTFBubendorfercorkrunner71NoGutsNoGloryrunning coach pacerlostintipp 7 votes
    3 stars (average)
    30%
    5h4mr0(kgtothekvevo 3 votes
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Having just read the previous years' threads and race reports, this looks like a must-run for the calendar.

Now to decide between the 30-miler and the double...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

very unique race, 1 of the better races around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭opus

4 stars (good)
    Entered the 30-mile version today as really enjoyed it last year. Mind you that little hill got fairly trying on the last few runs of the loop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

4 stars (good)
    Doing the 30 miler 3 times was enough.
    I've had it with the fun runs ;) and signed up for the double

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Doing the 30 miler 3 times was enough.
    I've had it with the fun runs ;) and signed up for the double
    I'm still gettin flash backs,my counseller says I'm still not ready to go back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

signed up for the half last year but an injury meant i never made it to the start line. really tempted to go again this year to make up for it, but the missus is due with our second the week before. then again, i'm only over the road...hmmmmm...:)

4 stars (good)
    ultraman1 wrote: »
    I'm still gettin flash backs,my counseller says I'm still not ready to go back

I've had those flashbacks all throughout 2013 and doing last year's race was the perfect medicine to get rid of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

4 stars (good)
    A few of us from the Kerry Crusaders decided in a pub, late at night, last January that we would sign up for the double, which we did.
    If anything, this is in itself, a good advertisement for the damage that drink can do to a man - directly and inadvertently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Hi All
    Registration for this event is filling up fast, with limited numbers please make sure you get registered soon to avoid disappointment. Online registration only no registration available on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Ger - what time is the HM starting at?
    Still a few spots left in that?

• Advertisement

Start Times:
    Double: 7 A.M.
    30 Miler: 11 A.M.
    Full: 12 P.M
    Half: 2 P.M

Spots still available in all races

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

3 stars (average)
    In for the half.

Just a reminder to people. Online registration only, no registration on the day. Currently there is only 30 spots left.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

This will be my first attempt at an Ultra, and my 3rd Marathon. My first marathon was in June, I finished on a time of 3:45 at a pace of 5:25min/km. I finished Dublin in 3:22, an average of 4:47 min/km.

What pace should I am for, for 30 miles? I was thinking about 5:11 min/km which is 4Hrs10mins.

This will be my first attempt at an Ultra, and my 3rd Marathon. My first marathon was in June, I finished on a time of 3:45 at a pace of 5:25min/km. I finished Dublin in 3:22, an average of 4:47 min/km.

What pace should I am for, for 30 miles? I was thinking about 5:11 min/km which is 4Hrs10mins.

Have you factored in the wee hill ?

Is it worse than Dublin? my phone shows total climb 350 metres

Is it worse than Dublin? my phone shows total climb 350 metres

Its 70ft * 30 :eek:

Found this link on munsterrace

4.bp.blogspot.com/-TI5KAy8PO38/UlfaiMWllOI/AAAAAAAAhFU/iJnD9rEvpM8/s1600/Marathon_profile.jpg

looks like approx 40 ft (12m) * 30 = 1200ft (360m), about the same, I would say.

4 stars (good)
    ger664 wrote: »
    Have you factored in the wee hill ?

There's a hill? Where? ;)

4 stars (good)
    There's a hill? Where? ;)

It seemed to be getting steeper & steeper for me last year after lap 26 or so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

belcarra wrote: »
    Ger - what time is the HM starting at?
    Still a few spots left in that?

Won't be able to make it down for this after all Ger.
    Hope ye get decent weather and that the hill disappears for the day!:)

hi All

Registration will close on Friday Night. Details on the race will be emailed, posted here and Facebook on Thursday Night/Friday Morning

Ger

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

3 stars (average)
    It was another great Eddie Murphy Memorial. Well done to all at BMOH. Savage winning time for the ultra! The hill have to be harder next year.

4 stars (good)
    5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    It was another great Eddie Murphy Memorial. Well done to all at BMOH. Savage winning time for the ultra! The hill have to be harder next year.

There's a hill? Where? :D

4 stars (good)
    5h4mr0(k wrote: »

Yup a well run event again. Bit of sunshine was a nice surprise! My only complaint was that the guy playing the music half-way up the hill (that some people appear not to have noticed!) stopped when I was around half way though.

Pretty sure I got my best lap time when the speakers were blasting out 'Whole lotta Rosie' as I got to the bottom of the hill :)

Must saw I'm in awe of the double marathon runners who were well into their race by the time I arrived in Sixmilebridge. Congrats to Thomas on a great result!

Personally I finished around a lap ahead of myself from last year so happy out with that.

On behalf of the organising committee and BMOH I would like to thank all the participants for another memorable race in Sixmilebridge.

Again we apologise for the unavailability of the Finishers Medal but these will be posted to all finishers in the coming week.
    We will be using the address that was used in the online application so if that differs please advise by sending an email to bmohathleticsclub@gmail.com

I would also like to thank John from RedTag timing, he has the hardest job of the day and has never let us down.
    Results are available here

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

4 stars (good)
    Unreal day, unreal event and unreal adventure.
    Never thought I'd see the day I put a 52.4 under my belt, but how could you not succeed with that much support around you all the way along the course.
    Well done to all at BMOH, a day second to none.
    Now to shave off this blasted mohican :D

4 stars (good)
    Thanks to everyone at BMOH for yet another fantastic day at the bridge. I don't know how they manage to keep 4 distances going with people starting at different times, even accommodating early starters, and still have a flawless event (well, apart from the medals, but I let you off on that :D), but somehow they do.
    Now to shave off this blasted mohican :D

Ah, I liked the sight of you two guys running together, both sporting the same mohican hairstyle.

I also have a race report. http://rubbishrunner.blogspot.ie/2014/11/back-at-bridge.html

Lovely event, great support from marshals on the way around. The dj guy half way up the hill played some great tunes, pity He finished up so early. That "wee hill" slowly wore me down over 30 laps. My first Ultra completed, and my sanity still in reasonable tact 😊 no more marathons for a while, wife's orders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 vinol

What an epic day. My first attempt of more than 26.2 was here last year for the 30 miler, and boys did I struggle.
    Not enough to put me off though, came back this year to run the 52.4 with 4 of my club mates, all five of us virgins to the ultra craic. Still buzzing, can't wait to plan my next challenge. We'll definitely be back to the Bridge next year for more loop the loops. Thank you BMOH for a fantastic day.

Advertisement