Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Payment Plan

Options
  • 14-07-2014 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just wanted to check that if I paid my motor tax on my credit card that once the charge was over €500 I would be able to apply to transfer it to a payment plan and pay it back over the year?

Just wanted to make sure that certain categories of purchases, such as motor tax, are eligible for the payment plan scheme before I go ahead and pay for the year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Tails142 wrote: »
    Hi,

I just wanted to check that if I paid my motor tax on my credit card that once the charge was over €500 I would be able to apply to transfer it to a payment plan and pay it back over the year?

Just wanted to make sure that certain categories of purchases, such as motor tax, are eligible for the payment plan scheme before I go ahead and pay for the year?
    Hi Tails142, 

Thanks for the post.

As long as you have a credit card that offers the payment plan option, you can place the transaction on the plan. 

The minimum amount is €500 with a maximum amount of 80% of the credit limit. It needs to be a purchase – cash advance or fees are not eligible. Also, the credit card cannot be two months or more in arrears or over the limit by 30%. 

Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 /+353 56 7757747 can help with any questions you have on your card.

Thanks

Billy 

Advertisement