Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online application for E-Fibre incredibly frustrating. Any assistance appreciated

Options
  • 14-07-2014 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

About 6 weeks ago, my husband tried to sign up online for efibre and rang an agent to confirm that it would be possible in our area. The agent said it was much easier to do over the phone, so he agreed on the basis that we got the same deal as online. She said yes.
    Fast forward 2 weeks and we get details, to find we did not get the online deal, but the regular price, which works out €90 more expensive over 18 months. He rang and queried this to be told it would take an additional five days because they would have to go back and listen to the recording of the conversation to confirm that he did indeed ask for that. 
    I said that was ridiculous customer care, and that he should cancel asap. He rang again and got a more reasonable person who said that he would credit the account with €90 and sort it out that way. My husband agreed and said that he was still happy for the call to be brought out for proof, as long as it didn't delay the process a further week.
    2 weeks later, we got a call the day before installation due to say technical difficulty on the road outside and that it would be a few days before fixed. He lost his patience and cancelled it altogether.

I decided to give Eircom the benefit of the doubt 3 weeks later and last Wednesday I checked our phone number and seeing that all said available, I signed up online, and got a response saying they would call me in a "day or two". It gave a field for a suitable time for installation so I clicked this Wed morning (1 week later).

As I need to take time off work, I rang today to see if it was confirmed as I had not gotten any call. My first call patched me through to a man who said there was no record of my account and could I have the reference number. The email did not provide one, so he asked for the Universal number. I had to go looking for that so I phoned back.
    My second call took me through to a lady who tried to explain to me that signing up online takes 4 weeks minimum but that she would do it over the phone instantly. I asked about the deal and she said, no that's only for online.

Are Eircom for real???? 4 weeks processing time for online, yet instant over the phone???? That is not stated anywhere on the webpage, in the fine print or most certainly not in the confirmation email. And what about asking me for an indicative time/date for installation.

I cant get through to anyone who deals with online sales, only phone sales people and have been on hold to the 1800 number now for 20 mins and been disconnected twice.

This is horrendous customer service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

M1982 wrote: »
    About 6 weeks ago, my husband tried to sign up online for efibre and rang an agent to confirm that it would be possible in our area. The agent said it was much easier to do over the phone, so he agreed on the basis that we got the same deal as online. She said yes.
    Fast forward 2 weeks and we get details, to find we did not get the online deal, but the regular price, which works out €90 more expensive over 18 months. He rang and queried this to be told it would take an additional five days because they would have to go back and listen to the recording of the conversation to confirm that he did indeed ask for that. 
    I said that was ridiculous customer care, and that he should cancel asap. He rang again and got a more reasonable person who said that he would credit the account with €90 and sort it out that way. My husband agreed and said that he was still happy for the call to be brought out for proof, as long as it didn't delay the process a further week.
    2 weeks later, we got a call the day before installation due to say technical difficulty on the road outside and that it would be a few days before fixed. He lost his patience and cancelled it altogether.

I decided to give Eircom the benefit of the doubt 3 weeks later and last Wednesday I checked our phone number and seeing that all said available, I signed up online, and got a response saying they would call me in a "day or two". It gave a field for a suitable time for installation so I clicked this Wed morning (1 week later).

As I need to take time off work, I rang today to see if it was confirmed as I had not gotten any call. My first call patched me through to a man who said there was no record of my account and could I have the reference number. The email did not provide one, so he asked for the Universal number. I had to go looking for that so I phoned back.
    My second call took me through to a lady who tried to explain to me that signing up online takes 4 weeks minimum but that she would do it over the phone instantly. I asked about the deal and she said, no that's only for online.

Are Eircom for real???? 4 weeks processing time for online, yet instant over the phone???? That is not stated anywhere on the webpage, in the fine print or most certainly not in the confirmation email. And what about asking me for an indicative time/date for installation.

I cant get through to anyone who deals with online sales, only phone sales people and have been on hold to the 1800 number now for 20 mins and been disconnected twice.

Hi M1982

I do agree with you. Their should not be that much of a discrepancy between the time it takes to process the order online as against over the Phone.

In relation to the preferred appointment time, when ordering online, this is a preferred time only and is not a confirmed date for appointment. I also agree this should be clearer and will highlight this to Operations.

I will check on the status of your online order for you. Can you PM me the Phone number and I will look into this for you.

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 16 M1982

M1982 wrote: »

Hi M1982

I do agree with you. Their should not be that much of a discrepancy between the time it takes to process the order online as against over the Phone.

In relation to the preferred appointment time, when ordering online, this is a preferred time only and is not a confirmed date for appointment. I also agree this should be clearer and will highlight this to Operations.

I will check on the status of your online order for you. Can you PM me the Phone number and I will look into this for you.

thanks
    Colm
    Good afternoon Colm,

Thank you for your reply, I will PM you with details now and I'd be very appreciative if you would follow up,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 16 M1982

Thanks again to Colm, it looks like I'm now close to having the issue resolved. However Eircom in general do need to straighten out their phone operator system.

Being passed around 8 times and having to retell a story 8 times is soul destroying....

Advertisement