Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a new sim free phone for around €200

Options
  • 14-07-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey all,

Wondering if someone can give me recommendations for buying a new smartphone. Looking for something with a decent camera, internal memory, good battery life and call quality. Currently have a Wildfire S which I'm not overly happy with, poor battery life and low internal memory meaning I can only have a limited number of apps because some apps can't be moved or uninstalled. Before that I hadn't bought a phone in 8 years so I'm a bit out of the loop in knowing what to look for or reading the specs. Looking for a sim free phone. Main use will be a few apps, calls and browsing the internet, and hopefully something I won't have to replace for a few years.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

Nokia Lumia 625, 630 or 635. All well under your budget, easy to pick up and use. App store wouldn't have the same vast choice of Android, but is swelling rapidly and has the most important ones. You could pick any of them handy enough on the net, just make sure you buy from within Europe and the unit will have it's Nokia 24 month warranty intact
    Other than that, the Moto G is a great phone for the price they're sold for if you want to stick with Android. Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Moto G is astonishing for €150. The updated version with an SD Card slot is due out soon too, the current version has 8GB of memory.

There's also the Xperia M2, a brilliant phone too. It's €220 or so, great specs and 4G ready too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Safri

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it. Have decide to go for the new Moto G, looks like what I'm looking for and has good reviews online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Moto G is superb. You won't go wrong.

Advertisement