Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice Beginner weight loss protein?

• 14-07-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Everyone,

I'm Female and have recently started the 'T25 Focus' workout which i'm actually starting to enjoy. I'm very low on energy though. I was in Holland & Barrett the other day and there's so many protein shakes, meal replacement bars etc there all pretty expensive so just wanted to know if anyone here has tried that sort of thing? are they worth it?

forgot to mention fat burning capsules? has anyone tried them, i'm not sure if there even safe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Fat burning capsules are magic beans. Avoid.

If you do indeed need protein, you'll get better value online with MyProtein, TheProteinWorks or BulkPowders.

You don't need meal replacement bars either.

What is your diet like, i.e. what do you eat on an average day?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Cla and l carnitine tablets from myprotein def helped in my weight loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

whodunit wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Female and have recently started the 'T25 Focus' workout which i'm actually starting to enjoy. I'm very low on energy though. I was in Holland & Barrett the other day and there's so many protein shakes, meal replacement bars etc there all pretty expensive so just wanted to know if anyone here has tried that sort of thing? are they worth it?

forgot to mention fat burning capsules? has anyone tried them, i'm not sure if there even safe

You don't need any of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I had a pretty damn scary allergic reaction to fat burner tablets, so I would stay well clear.
    You only need protein shakes if you aren't getting enough from your meals, what are you eating on a day to day basis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

You don't need any of it.

I agree.

• Advertisement
Advertisement