Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Anne's Park

Options
  • 14-07-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know when the little garden by the clock tower opens in the park. I have only ever seen it open once in the past few years. We are generally only there at the weekends but can't see anything there the shows the opening hours and there does not seem to be a website that I can find.

ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

Don't think that one opens to the Public. I believe that's where the Corporation grows plants for its own displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Shame, it's really nice in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The walled garden with the ornamental ponds and the new oriental garden is open to the public though. The gates are locked occasionally but I believe it is open every day. The Corporation bit is to the side of the clock tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

The walled garden with the ornamental ponds and the new oriental garden is open to the public though. The gates are locked occasionally but I believe it is open every day. The Corporation bit is to the side of the clock tower.

I have seen the small garden with the ponds open but the gate to the oriental one is always locked at the weekend. I must go up the next weekday I am off and have a look at the oriental one.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

The walled garden which has seen a lot of work done on it in recent times is in general open to the public and is an important addition to the park
    If parts are closed it is that they are probably working on them.

In general I find St. Annes Park a gem, I think the red stables is another great facility - I would like to see more events happening in the park
    People make great use of the park, from the softball players, and cricket practicing I seen on my last visit..

fairplay to the council they keep the park in great nick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Rose Festival on there this weekend - all sorts of stalls and things. A good day out if anyone is at a loss for something to do tomorrow or this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

spurious wrote: »
    Rose Festival on there this weekend - all sorts of stalls and things. A good day out if anyone is at a loss for something to do tomorrow or this afternoon.

Sounds great! Which side of the park would most attractions be, the coast side? Roses especially! I've never been there...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

mhge wrote: »
    Sounds great! Which side of the park would most attractions be, the coast side? Roses especially! I've never been there...

As you are going out the coast, as soon as you hit the park, take a left. The entrance to the Rose Gardens is on the right at the top of that road, where it makes a sharp turn left. I doubt there will be any parking there, but the 130 bus goes right past it.

Bus would be the best way to get there from the city centre, but if you are driving, you're better off entering the park through Sybil Hill.
    http://www.dublincity.ie/st-anne%E2%80%99s-park-rose-festival

Official leaflet: http://www.dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/content/RecreationandCulture/Events/Documents/WebVersion.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Thank you!!

Advertisement