Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport Photos?

Options
  • 14-07-2014 4:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hey Folks

Child is getting a passport for the first time. Anyone recommend a place to get proper passport photos done? Booth is not really an option.

Thanks in Advance

FM

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Got mine done in the pharmacy in Rathborne, hand-held camera not a booth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I believe that Lloyds Pharmacy in SuperValu, Blanch village does them with a hand held camera. Other branches may also do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

Or take it yourself and get it printed off in Harvey Normans or Boots- they both do passport photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Got our 3yo twins passport photos done up in the pharmacy in Ongar village, taken with a hand held camera & they were fine, passports issued back with problems.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

Take the Photos on your phone. You can bluetooth them to a printing machine in most pharmacists. I got our little ones pics done for €1.50. I think Harvey Norman does prints also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Take the Photos on your phone. You can bluetooth them to a printing machine in most pharmacists. I got our little ones pics done for €1.50. I think Harvey Norman does prints also.

I did that too took my own photo then used one of the self service machines at harvy norman costed me 19 cents :)

op take your photo then resize is it with this http://www.idphoto4you.com gets it down to the correct size you need then happy days.

I had to get a load of photos done for a visa last year and get fed up paying 6 euros a time for 2 photos. http://www.idphoto4you.com did the trick nicely for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Following other posters' advice on another thread, I used epassportphoto.com

It lets you upload your picture, obviously make sure you get a decent picture that has some space above your head, some space to the right and left, and a little bit of your shoulders. All against a light background. Download the pdf/ jpeg that epassportphoto.com produces.

Then go to Harvey Norman and, bluetooth it to the machine and select the 6 X 4 print (Conveniently the cheapest one) as the photos are designed to come out out on that size paper (4 of them per sheet with half the page empty) and voila, you have 4 passport photos for about €.60c

irish

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

epassportphoto.com is based in the US, is there any Irish site offering mail home service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

soirish wrote: »
    epassportphoto.com is based in the US, is there any Irish site offering mail home service?

https://www.photobox.ie/shop/prints/passport-id-photos

Advertisement