Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Accommodation September

Options
  • 14-07-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Folks,

Heading over to New York in September with the sister and her family and the mother for 10 days in September, could anyone recommend accommodation for the 10 days, we were thinking about an apt because it would be a lot cheaper as a group

Any help be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Have used these before and very professional:

http://www.nyhabitat.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

I am also going in September and I'm mostly looking for accomodation on Airbnb.com. As long as you pick an apartment that has a few good reviews, you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Heading in sept and meeting my mate and her daughter so similarly on the hunt for some affordable accommodation!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Paul_Hacket

I live in New York. Airbnb is the way to, I'd recommend looking in the West Village, Soho, NoLitTa, Greenwich Village and East Village in that order. If you go to the east village try to not go to far east (towards the river) as it isn't as nice and you'll be further form the train. Don't stay in midtown or basically anywhere north of 14th street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

You can also try the Upper West Side and the Upper East Side. There is life above 14th st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

I ended up booking an apartment in Astoria, Queens. It seems like a nice area and very easy to get into Manhattan via the Subway.

Advertisement