Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i might be in a bit of bother :/

Options
  • 14-07-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

So lads, was lamping last night and all was good.
    Got home and into the shed to get the wet clothes off.taking everything out of my pockets, and suddenly a sickening feeling.
    I've managed to lose my nargc wallet with all my licences and insurance cards
    If I'm thinking right, and I hope I'm not, these can't be replaced
    Anyone able to steer me the right path now??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

djflawless wrote: »
    So lads, was lamping last night and all was good.
    Got home and into the shed to get the wet clothes off.taking everything out of my pockets, and suddenly a sickening feeling.
    I've managed to lose my nargc wallet with all my licences and insurance cards
    If I'm thinking right, and I hope I'm not, these can't be replaced
    Anyone able to steer me the right path now??

Im sure you'll have no issues getting licences resent to you.. Worst thing is if its near a road you lost them and someone finds them is your address is on them.

Contact the FPU and they'll tell you what to do..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Well I only came near 1 road and that was 1 I crossed.as soon as I realised they were gone, that was the 1st place I checked.had a ramble around where I lamped today too and no joy
    I reckon I could have lost it in a corn field I fell in so hopefully, and not to wish bad luck on the farmer, it gets mulched in a combine soon.pardon my ignorance but who are the FPU?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I don't think so, more unlucky than in trouble. I've recently had two licences replaced for various reasons and was not asked to surrender the originals nor was my wife when she sold her rifle and gave up shooting.
    As it has been said before the cards are quite flimsy and I suspect many have been washed or destroyed by water. Explain the situation and ask for new ones.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Go to your FO, explain you lost them and request a re-print. He can do it then and there as there is no application necessary.

Bring your grant letters as they will have the details he may need and to compare against PULSE. The new licenses will/should have a new cert number on them and the old ones will be voided on PULSE.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I had licences wrecked in the washing i called the fpu, (firearms policy unit) on 016661911 and they hit reprint there and then had new licences out two days later.

• Advertisement

Any of the above options will work. it's only a re-print.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

If you weren't out for hours, I would try to retrace my steps. In particular, I would go to wherever I had sat or crossed a ditch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

FISMA wrote: »
    If you weren't out for hours, I would try to retrace my steps. In particular, I would go to wherever I had sat or crossed a ditch.

Was out for about 4 hours fisma.
    Had a tumble in a corn field so I kinda expect the wallet is there somewhere.a nightmare to find!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

FISMA wrote: »

Yes best thing to do

A small tip.

I keep photocopies of all my licenses at home. I don't carry them as a copy is not the license and in case i get stopped i need to produce the real thing. The copies are for just such an eventuality (loose them, etc). Also when i do bring the real ones with me i rarely carry them on my person. If i do it's in my breast, zip, pocket, but more times than not i lock them in the glove box of the car. If i get stopped i tell the ranger or Garda that they are in the car and they are welcome to come back with me to check them out.

The only thing i carry on my person all the time is my deer license. Again in my breast, zip pocket, but as a Ranger may appear anywhere at any time it's a better chance i'll need the deer license than my gun license.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Plus 1 on the photocopies Cass, I also laminate everything for more durability. I use a small water proof neck wallets (from scuba days) to carry cards, money phones etc.
    Handy for securing to person and when I end up in flooded ditches (damned short legs never get me over dry).
    images_zpscfe66435.jpg

Advertisement