Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Thunderdome

Options
  • 14-07-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

What happened to the thunderdome?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Essentially the powers that be decided that it had no future and used a half arsed excuse to close it, then try to sanitise it, then kill it altogether.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Spear wrote: »

Depends on who's version of events you believe ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I believe Seamus Heaney was working on a body of work inspired by the Dome before his death. Some man.

I believe Seamus Heaney was working on a body of work inspired by the Dome before his death. Some man.

That would have been an epic read.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

mbur wrote: »
    What happened to the thunderdome?

It left home and is now in a nice detached home all of its own. You should visit one day......it's as funny as ever but now with 99% less ginger!

Edit: i've never liked ginger, how anyone can pit it in food is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Yeah, what did happen to the Thunderdome??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Yeah, what did happen to the Thunderdome??

Ah the old port dried up:(
    Like a proper tumour though it came right back again!:D

Ah the old port dried up:(
    Like a proper tumour though it came right back again!:D

I've heard it was a cesspit, inhabited by the lowest of the low, mainly bullies and Walter Mitty types with anger management issues. I doubt it is any loss to the Community of Boards. That sort of thing has had its day.

I've heard it was a cesspit, inhabited by the lowest of the low, mainly bullies and Walter Mitty types with anger management issues. I doubt it is any loss to the Community of Boards. That sort of thing has had its day.

You believe everything you "hear"?

Good for you kiddo ;)

• Advertisement

There were some fair Walters alright... Still though, equal opportunities and all that!

There were some fair Walters alright... Still though, equal opportunities and all that!

It caters for all sorts, most of them disturbed in one way or another though.

Deank wrote: »
    It caters for all sorts, most of them disturbed in one way or another though.

I didn't even have a chance to retrieve my lucky **** sock before the doors locked down:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Nucking Facker was the worst. Banning him could gave saved the Dome. Keelanj69 on the other hand. Wow.

I didn't even have a chance to retrieve my lucky **** sock before the doors locked down:(

It took robotic drones to retrieve it, using barge poles. Thorntons wouldn't even dispose of it. I do believe that Facker had a terrible reputation alright. Seemed alright to me though. A beacon of sense in a sea of madness..

Nucking Facker was the worst. Banning him could gave saved the Dome. Keelanj69 on the other hand. Wow.

Who and who? :confused:

bumper234 wrote: »
    Who and who? :confused:

The first was a much maligned Dome poster, the second, no idea, sorry.

The first was a much maligned Dome poster, the second, no idea, sorry.

I thought the dome was akin to the strange relative who is a bit weird and isn't supposed to be mentioned in public anymore?

I thought the dome was akin to the strange relative who is a bit weird and isn't supposed to be mentioned in public anymore?

Yeah but someone didn't close the cage right and it got out at the public. How do you hide a 7ft, fresh excrement flinging, trench coat wearer after it breaks into Dail Erin during session?

Yeah but someone didn't close the cage right and it got out at the public. How do you hide a 7ft, fresh excrement flinging, trench coat wearer after it breaks into Dail Erin during session?

Lure him out with sweeties?

• Advertisement

Keep them busy changing oil?

Lure him out with sweeties?

Carrots or pork crackling should do the trick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Well thanks everone for all that information. The thunderdome is mentioned in a very few official looking post here and there. I suspected it was no more but had no idea when or why. Its creation was a bold move by Boards. There was always a risk it would end badly. If someone wants to lock this thread I'm ok with that. I don't feel the need to investigate further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement