Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manlet

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Goddamit, OP is a plagiarist.

I am disappoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Unrelated, but is Jon Kelleher your real name? I'd never have the stones to use my real name on a site like this. All someone would have to do is check your interests from this site then Facebook search your name and they could easily find out who you were, save a picture from your photos and create a humiliating meme of you which would last forever.

The internet is an amazing but scary place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

catallus wrote: »
    I also agree with the 5' 9" mark.

Anything under that height makes me want to pick up the little person and throw him up into the air like a toy. You know, because they're so little and they can be used as playthings :)

Anything over that height is a freak of nature, akin to the elephant man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Laugh at the napoleons all you want, people. But the little muscly ones do big damage in a fight. Like little wrecking balls (don't even think about it..)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭JonKelleher

Under 5'10 = manlet.

I would really hate to be a manlet.

Completely agree. I could think of nothing worse, you've lost the genetic lottery.

• Advertisement

Anything over that height is a freak of nature, akin to the elephant man. :)

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

What height is the cut off point for being a manlet?

Ray D'Arcy.

Laugh at the napoleons all you want, people. But the little muscly ones do big damage in a fight. Like little wrecking balls (don't even think about it..)

A big guy will beat a small ball of fury nine times out of ten. Its nature, survival of the fittest/biggest.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Ray D'Arcy.

Another prime example.

Macavity. wrote: »
    Unrelated, but is Jon Kelleher your real name? I'd never have the stones to use my real name on a site like this. All someone would have to do is check your interests from this site then Facebook search your name and they could easily find out who you were, save a picture from your photos and create a humiliating meme of you which would last forever.

The internet is an amazing but scary place.

It certainly is. I have nothing to hide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I even looked on Urban Dictionary and it was pretty much word for word the same as the OP. I'm disappointed that such a staggering display of wit wasn't an original work :(:pac:

No doubt there will be learned scientific discussion of where is the cutoff point for being a shortarse.

Reminds me of that old AH thread where some dude was going to get leg lengthening surgery to get him from 5'4'' to 5'8''.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Napoleon wasn't short.

Anyway I'm 5'10/11" so not the tallest, but while there are a fair amount of blokes who would be taller than me, there are an awful lot of self described 6 footers who are shorter than me. Which I have found amusing over the years. I'm easily amused it seems.

Dunno what's the issue with a bloke who is 5 6 or whatever? You'd want to be tiny penised for another blokes height to matter to you.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Napoleon wasn't short.

Anyway I'm 5'10/11" so not the tallest, but while there are a fair amount of blokes who would be taller than me, there are an awful lot of self described 6 footers who are shorter than me. Which I have found amusing over the years. I'm easily amused it seems.

Dunno what's the issue with a bloke who is 5 6 or whatever? You'd want to be tiny penised for another blokes height to matter to you.

It's not their height that bothers other people, it's the attitude and aggression they have as a result of their height. Napoleon syndrome is a legitimate affliction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

According to wikipedia, 5'10" is the average height for men in Ireland. It's self-reported though and I don't believe it to be honest. I'm 5'8" and most lads seem to be in and around my height, with plenty shorter than me.

A big guy will beat a small ball of fury nine times out of ten. Its nature, survival of the fittest/biggest.

Yeah but youve to catch the little gits first. Fast as anything, only hope is to wind up your haymaker and let it off in the direction you reckon he'll be:D

According to wikipedia, 5'10" is the average height for men in Ireland. It's self-reported though and I don't believe it to be honest. I'm 5'8" and most lads seem to be in and around my height, with plenty shorter than me.

'Most lads' are not 5'8.

Yeah but youve to catch the little gits first. Fast as anything, only hope is to wind up your haymaker and let it off in the direction you reckon he'll be:D

To be fair, I would be very hard pushed to fight with one - it's not fair when they are at such a disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

I'm a manlet, 5'8". Bit annoying in nightclubs when girls are in heels as a lot are one or two inches taller in them than me with the odd one towering over me. Other than that though it doesn't really affect me. Honestly you seem insecure about it, no other reason to bring it up, if youre tall great if not so be it.

One thing I will say is that a lot of people claim to be 6 foot when they're actually 5'10". Then they try to convince me I'm taller than I say I am, nah mate.

I'm a manlet, 5'8". Bit annoying in nightclubs when girls are in heels as a lot are one or two inches taller in them than me with the odd one towering over me. Other than that though it doesn't really affect me. Honestly you seem insecure about it, no other reason to bring it up, if youre tall great if not so be it.

One thing I will say is that a lot of people claim to be 6 foot when they're actually 5'10". Then they try to convince me I'm taller than I say I am, nah mate.

And do you resent taller people because they are more successful with women, in their jobs, at sport?

To be fair, I would be very hard pushed to fight with one - it's not fair when they are at such a disadvantage.

The best bit is when you just put your hand on their forehead and they do a little Elmer Fudd impression, flailing around with their little arms and legs.

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice that a disproportionate number of manlets go to the gym or take up martial arts to compensate?

And do you resent taller people because they are more successful with women, in their jobs, at sport?

Being 6'6" aint all its cracked up to be. Im a mechanic, no vehicle lift goes high enough, cars on the ground sometimes warrant kneeling and if current back niggles are any indication, I just know at some point the future I invested in may come into question :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Oh wow. Trollin hard. You know I'll take the bait because there could well be some impressionable and insecure young wan reading this. I don't resent anyone, very happy with the way I am. I've been quite successful with both women and work, neither because or in spite of my height.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Does any one else suspect the OP has a tiny penis? Like 1 or 2 inches long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Sounds like a lot of thinking about other people's bodys there... get your own house in order.

That said, I went on a trip to the states last year and got know a group of complete strangers... and I felt so fecking tall. It was crazy! I wasn't the tallest in the group but I was clearly noticeably taller than average.
    Which is odd because here I don't think of my self as "tall". I'm used to being surrounded by a fair number of taller friends.

MaleHeightDistributionYoink.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Pele - 5'8''
    Maradona - 5'6''
    Messi - 5'7''
    Best - 5'9''

Hmmm...

The biggest penis I've ever seen was on a very short man. Godammit, it was very nearly down to his knees and as thick as anything I've ever seen. Was as gay as christmas, too. So being short doesn't mean a small penis. The guy was very short, like 5' 3" or less.

It was shocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm around 5'7. I'd rather be a bit of a short-arse than the kind of unimaginative dullard who thinks someone's height (or lack thereof) is something that merits piss-taking. I've never felt that being shorter than average has negatively impacted upon my life in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Do you think every tall fella is more successful with women?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

That OKCupid graph supports my theory that people are taller online than in real life.

I believe that 6'2'' is the average male height claimed on the Interweb.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement