Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A day in dublin - sights

Options
  • 14-07-2014 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

Hi we have a 16 and 17 year old exchange student who were planning on bringing to dublin for the day but have no idea what to do.. They don't like shopping either.. The want to 'see some famous things and look around and do things'
    I was thinking about leprechaun museum
    Any ideas? Keep in mind we only have the day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

The wax museum and trinity college?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Definitely st michans on church street crypt tour its brilliant very good for that age group.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Old Library in Trinners - Harry Potter and all that.
    Sure they may as well go see the Book of Kells while they're at it.

Squashed bog body in the Museum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I recently visited the Guinness Storehouse, I think it is well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭m0nsterie

Not sure what your starting point is but here's a loop that would be easy to do in 4/5 hours, throw in lunch/snacks along the way:

Dublin Castle
    City Hall
    Christchurch
    Brazen Head
    Temple Bar
    Trinity grounds & Book of Kells & the Long Room
    Stephens Green
    Leinster House (walk by)
    Merrion Square Park (& Merrion Square North)
    Grafton Street

Could also add in (if you have time) Guinness Storehouse, O'Connell Street, Ha'penny Bridge, Samuel Beckett Bridge, Grand Canal dock, National Gallery.

Dublin's a great city to walk around. There is so much to soak in just while walking, for free. Make sure you look up when you're walking the streets, the ground floor of the buildings may be modern and refurbished but the upper floors are usually much closer to the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Hi we have a 16 and 17 year old exchange student who were planning on bringing to dublin for the day but have no idea what to do.. They don't like shopping either.. The want to 'see some famous things and look around and do things'
    I was thinking about leprechaun museum
    Any ideas? Keep in mind we only have the day

They're a good age for the museum. It's aimed more at adults and teens than kids and revolves around Irish mythology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Science gallery is another good freebie,strange weather exhibit is starting soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Kilmainham Gaol is highly recommended I've never been but I'm a taxi driver and out of all the regular attractions everybody says the Gaol was the best of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

The Little Museum of Dublin on Stephens Green, buy tickets online beforehand and you get great discounts, my 17 year old enjoyed it.

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Don't forget the Spire, our national monument. It's truly an inspirational sight to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The Wax Museum is pathetic, avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Don't forget the Spire, our national monument. It's truly an inspirational sight to behold.

Does not know if serious...

Advertisement