Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to limerick

• 14-07-2014 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I will be starting work placement in the regional hospital from August to end of october and am currently looking for a place to stay. Are Raheen/Dooradoyle my only options for living within walking distance of the hospital or are there other options? Are there any areas I should avoid?Also, are there any websites where you can look up accomadation/digs for short term? many of the house shares on daft are for one year...any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Raheen/Dooradoyle would be the 'walking distance' areas for the Hospital....South Circular Rd (Fitzhaven/Log naCapall,etc.) at a push.

AFAIK the '1 year' thing on Daft.ie is just an option that must be checked on a drop-down....it doesn't usually mean that people won't accept a short-term house share..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

In my experience in Limerick, the 1 year contract in Limerick isn't all that common even if it is said on daft.ie. (opposite in Dublin where I am looking for a place to live at the moment).

Give the LL a ring and they will generally be more flexible in Limerick due to the higher supply out there.

Agree with mgbgt1978 about places to live.

However, there is a main bus route that goes right outside the Hospital so that does also give you a significant amount of places to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 limerickbound

Thanks very much for your replies. I have secured a room in Raheen near the church. Which bus brings you to the stop at the church?I think I get the bus from brown thomas, is that correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Thanks very much for your replies. I have secured a room in Raheen near the church. Which bus brings you to the stop at the church?I think I get the bus from brown thomas, is that correct?

Bus 304. It doesn't go from outside BT anymore, but instead from outside Debanhams. I think the bus actually now turns left just before the church and proceeds to Ballycummin via that road.

thanks very much for youre reply! one more question, are the roads around the area safe to go walking in, or are their certain areas or estates I should avoid? Im concious of keeping fitness up while im down there, and while in Dublin I had certain routes I would go that were safe, I havnt a clue of Limerick! Im also looking into gyms and stuff in the area, Dooradoyle leisure would probably be the best bet would it? The route I looked up from raheen church to it was via the mulcair road, would that be safe to walk on? thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Yes all the roads around Raheen & Dooradoyle would be safe to walk on. You will always see walkers in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

thanks very much for youre reply! one more question, are the roads around the area safe to go walking in, or are their certain areas or estates I should avoid? Im concious of keeping fitness up while im down there, and while in Dublin I had certain routes I would go that were safe, I havnt a clue of Limerick! Im also looking into gyms and stuff in the area, Dooradoyle leisure would probably be the best bet would it? The route I looked up from raheen church to it was via the mulcair road, would that be safe to walk on? thanks!

The body Building gym in Raheen industrial Estate right along side where your living is where I go.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBodyBuildingLimerick

Thanks for the link! anyone have any opinions on evolution gym? I see thats also in the area and seems to be offering reasonable prices, I am a complete newby so looking for a gym thats not too busy in the mornings when I'd be going!

Advertisement