Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prestashop Shipping Issue

Options
  • 14-07-2014 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for this but anyways I'm setting up shipping on Prestashop and the situation is that shipping is provided free to Dublin but a charge for counties outside of Dublin. Can't get my head around it. Anyone have any experience with doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

yea i have done this for a florists with different rates for different post codes i.e D15 or D6 or different counties.

I created States of Ireland with each county being a State and same for each post code a state too.

Then you create Zones, i.e Dublin, Local, Rest of country.. as many as you like - If you are going to charge the same price to Munster, just create Munster etc

Then create a Carrier, call it Dublin Delivery, Munster Delivery and Assign it to the Dublin or Munster Zone and/or as many zones if you like

Then you need to edit the checkout form saying "State" to something else like County or Post Code or similar.. Can be done in BO> Tranaslations or hard coded in checkout.tpl

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Moved from development, hence the OP is asking about the right place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Thanks a lot Buttercake for the help. Have it set up now. :)

Advertisement