Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin with 2 and 5 yr old

Options
  • 14-07-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi - we are going to Dublin for a couple of days next week with a 5 and 2 year old and are looking for things to do with them. I was thinking of going to the zoo one day - I imagine that would take up most of the day. Then was thinking of imaginosity - is it good? Any other ideas for that age group?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

There's also the Natural History Museum in Merrion Square, and don't forget the playgrounds in Stephens' Green and Merrion Square and Phoenix Park, and picking pennies from the fountain in the Garden of Remembrance in Parnell Square - always useful to have a few places for kids to run around :-) (but keep an eye on them in the Garden of Remembrance! You don't want them falling in!)

Oh and the Viking bus tour, always good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

imaginosity will be great for them...i take my infant class there on school tour...
    The Ark is a theatre for children and they often run workshops during the summer, some are free.. Playground near the zoo@ Ashtown castle is brilliant..was just there last week..
    There is a huge trampoline centre near imaginosity but it wouldnt suit the 2 yr old...
    Awesome walls is a fantastic facility near finglas exit on M50...climbing walls..i know a few 3/4 year olds who absolutely love it and spend hours there on a saturday..
    Free pet farm at Corkaigh Park too, and it has a nice playground. Nice spot for a picnic..

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Zil2011

GReat ideas there guys. Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

There's also the Natural History Museum in Merrion Square, and don't forget the playgrounds in Stephens' Green and Merrion Square and Phoenix Park, and picking pennies from the fountain in the Garden of Remembrance in Parnell Square - always useful to have a few places for kids to run around :-) (but keep an eye on them in the Garden of Remembrance! You don't want them falling in!)

Oh and the Viking bus tour, always good fun.

is their a playground in merrion square? DIDNT KNOW THAT THANKS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Westwood wrote: »
    is their a playground in merrion square? DIDNT KNOW THAT THANKS
    Yes there was always one there but they recently rebuilt it and it is amazing now. Kids love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

the five year old would love lucan fort,not sure about the two year old though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Bear in mind that the natural history musuem has no lift so the second floor is not buggy friendly.
    You'll have a great day at the zoo and the playground in Phoenix park is very good too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Also bear in mind (possible for future reference) all the main museums are shut on a Monday (incl bank holidays), so scratch them off your list for that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hey all, bump for this. I'll be in Dublin with the 4 kids(8,5,3,and1) next weekend till tuesday(August 9-12). We'd be familiar with imaginosity, Zoo, the Ark and the obvious ones. Just wondering if there are any special events or anything on for the summer?
    I'll be taking the two oldest kids to Croke park for the match on Sunday. My wife has always wanted to go to the Horse show, would it be madness for her to go with the two little ones? Is there anything for smallies to do at it?

Advertisement