Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divisional Reports

Options
  • 14-07-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭

Colts 37 Texans 42

I honestly dont know how i lost this, I stopped the Texans run game and apart from the last texan pass with about 45secs left that went 5 yards and turned into 72 through flailing missed tackles i defended the pass ok.

I set up to defend the texans patented screen pass, yet smith got 147 yards from 4 of them. 1 for 71 yards

Colts best performers were Reynaud with 192 yards from 24 carries, Fleener and Allen led the receiving, Foles completed 15 from 19 passes for 237 yards.

Texans best players were Schaub 16 from 18 for 451 yards and 3 TD's, Smith and Mcdonald led their receiving with a combined yardage of 294 yards and a massive 285 of that YAC.

Well done Giff, i couldnt do anymore to win, i guess im just not meant to beat you.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

unlucky Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

unlucky Rock

I honestly could not do anymore. Im still baffled, I was mashing the x button to tackle, and they just kept missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Texans robbed the colts of progressing further in the playoffs with a last gasp TD in the dying minute.

It was dramatic stuff, with the colts shutting down my running game for 90% of the game. It was late in the 4th Quarter when it all happened. Colts were up by 2 and texans starting out on their own 20 with about 1:50 on the clock. We are moving the ball with mix of pass and run, getting to 3rd and shorts and grabbing the first downs. Suddenly, I think Marshall is open on curl and launch it his way...nope, picked off with 1:20 ish on the clock. I swore so much, lucky rock was mic-less.

Basically, I needed to stop rock and use all my timeouts. Rock runs the ball 3 times and punts on a 4th and 2. Having used all my timeouts to save some clock, I had about 50 seconds to get up the field for a FG.

I throw to Johnson and he scuttles up the field about 6 yards I think. Next play, I come out in full pass, and hit T.Mcdonald on a slant. He catches, cuts in and has some room to run up the sideline. I get to within the 5 and run some clock, before get a HB TD. Colts call a fair catch on kickoff and throw a pick whilst trying to get up the field on last play. Texans win by 5

I can't praise rock more for this game, he really dominated, picking me off twice and running the ball really really well. I had to look deep into the playbook for anything to change up the run game. Had to use shakey screen plays when rock stacked the box and probably were my most successful plays...i know, scrrrrreeeeen Giffney.

I'll be glad of having foster back next week for running the ball hard! Great game rock and looking forward to playing against you in next madden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Whoops, I made a thread as well. As I said in it, I robbed rock here. He was the better player on the day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Chargers 45 Patriots 24

Teams exchanged scores in the 1st half until Chargers force a punt,they only score a FG but that was enough to go 14 points ahead with 11 seconds left in the 2nd quarter.
    Chargers were tempted to squib it back as Holiday had been making some very good returns in the game but decided to go deep...big mistake,Holiday jukes his way through the crowd to bring it back for the TD.
    7 point game with the Pats recieving in the 2nd half.
    I think the Pats get to halfway but are stopped just short of 1st down and punt,couple of good runs from MJD(in as Barner went off injured) and Chargers extent their lead.
    Pats takeover but disaster strikes inside their half as a pass intended for Edelman is picked off by Sherels and he runs it back for a TD.
    Pats drive again and some nicely placed pass's ends with RG3 rushing in for a TD(although he did fumble it as he dived over the line).
    38-24 Chargers
    Chargers takeover and the Pats need a turnover to reduce the lead as we're in the 4th quarter,it doesn't seem like its coming as the Chargers drive to the Pats 10 yard line.....but Barner(back on after recovering from injury) is nailed on the run by Mayo and Pats recover,game on Ger!
    Pats nicely work themselves to about halfway but that good work comes to naught as pass for Vereen is picked by Butler.
    Chargers tack on another TD to see it out.

GG Guns,as I mentioned got a few breaks on missed sacks and that saved me a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Great game Perrin. Was annoyed with some of the throws that i made. That throw to Edelman, which killed the game, should never have been. I remember getting stung on a play like that before against Berty and swearing id never throw to a 3-4yd curl again!!

Your run D was immense, should have worked in a few more play actions though to keep you honest. Also you had a knack of forcing me into plenty of 3rd and longs and then quad-covering Gronk!

Good luck in the conference!

Ha well you hit Gronk on a 3rd and long early and he came quite close to converting it,special attention was paid to him after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Eagles beat Buccs 38-35 in Overtime to go through the the NFC Championship Game.

Where to start with this game though? Empacher can count himself really unlucky to lose probably my favourite game of madden since I joined the league. At times I couldn't stop him at all, and then at others I had some luck on my side, such as the fumble recovery near the side line, inside his 30.

The game had actually opened with a fumble from McCoy (who was dominant again with 200 yards), which Buccs managed to recover in almost the exact same spot that Eagles gathered theres from. Right by the sideline when I was trying to hurdle a tackle.

Had thought this game was over when down by 2 TDs in the 2nd half, but Kendricks game trumps with a much needed INT. He also had one which he returned for a TD in the 1st half when Eagles had trailed as well.

Without McCoy, I'd be once again going home, that's for sure. He got injured in the playoffs last year and I could do nothing! Curtis and Freeman I found very hard to stop. Or pretty much impossible, really. Some other plays utilizing Jackson caught be off guard as well.

Really found I had to vary it up on offense to get by the Buccs D, and found myself using plays for the first time, just to try and keep Empacher guessing.

Also, game only went into overtime after I was required to convert a 4th down. And later in the drive, Barkley had to scramble over the yard marker when Buccs had everyone covered.

Game really could have gone either way.

Anyway, bit of a brain dump above with regards to the game. But great game, mate, and very unlucky with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Good game knex, i was annoyed my secondary never turned up. They really let me down at some crucial points in the game. I think if freeman hadn't thrown such a bad int to kendricks in the 4th I could have had it. Should have boasted his throw on the run stat :rolleyes:

Best of luck in the conf championship

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

nice win knex

Impressive win versus a top player Knex,wp.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seahawks deservedly beat the Saints 31-28 with a last second TD.

In all honesty I had no answer for Padraic's offense (I forced one punt the entire game and subsequently the Seahawks forced me to punt back on the very next series) or defense. I just could not get anything going on either side of the ball and the credit has to go to Padraic for that who played really well.

Saints went up 28-24 with about a minute on the clock and the Seahawks offense did what they had done the whole game, marched nicely up the field (converting a couple of 4th downs this time) and converted for a TD with 5 seconds left to win it. It was a very high pressured drive but extremely well executed. I went deep into my playbook to try and put the brakes on the 'Hawks but just had no answer.

I think that's the third time I've reached the divisional game in the playoffs but just can't seem to get over the hump. All the best in the conference game Padraic, it should be a cracker between yourself and Knex.

Will advance once the cfm site lets me login!

Advertisement