Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under 16 in standing area in O2 5 seconds of summer

Options
  • 14-07-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I bought 2 tickets for myself and my 14 year old daughter for the 5 seconds of summer concert next May in the O2. I thought she would have to be accompanied by an over 18 (me) but I didn't realise she wouldn't be allowed in the standing area as she is under 16. I had it in my head that the age restriction was 14. Unfortunately there was such a mad rush to make sure I got the tickets that I obviously didn't read the small print properly, its her birthday present for her 14th birthday next week so I was determined to get the tickets. Do you know if they look for IDs going into the standing area? I was hoping it would be ok once she is with me as I won't be letting her into the crush at the front.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

If she doesn't look very young she'll be fine, you'd also have no issue swapping for seats online before hand as the standing were the most sought after.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭CheyK

I can't see them IDing going into the standing area, especially considering the volume of people that will be queuing early for this gig. Once she doesn't look ridiculously young, she should have no problems. I've never come across security in the O2 asking anyone for ID in relation to being in the standing area.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nabanoga

She looks young to me but maybe I'm not objective. I think possibly going in with her mother is also going to mark her out as young. But it is nearly a year away so might be able to swap tickets or she might age a bit :). If they don't look for ID hopefully it will be ok. With hindsight I can see why the age limit would be 16 especially for kids going in unaccompanied, I'm hoping she will be safe enough with me there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement