Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korean blender, what adapter do I need?

Options
  • 14-07-2014 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some help on this. I recently moved home from Korea and brought my trusty blender with me!

It says on the plus that its 16amp, 250V. It's the 16 amp part that's throwing me off, I don't know much about electrical stuff either! It seems all the adapters I've seen are only 13amp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

What wattage rating is on the blender itself, should be on a plate where it has model number etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

What wattage rating is on the blender itself, should be on a plate where it has model number etc.

It's 800W

Is it a 2 pin plug top or 3 pin round?

2-pin

The 16amp and 250volt you mentioned are ratings the plug can take. I see no issue with you using it anyway. Are you going to wire a square pin plug on it or use a travel adaptor?

• Advertisement

The 16amp and 250volt you mentioned are ratings the plug can take. I see no issue with you using it anyway. Are you going to wire a square pin plug on it or use a travel adaptor?

I was just thinking of using a travel adapter, for convenience. My main concern really was that all the adapters I looked at are 13amp, would this be ok to use do you think?

MooShop wrote: »
    I was just thinking of using a travel adapter, for convenience. My main concern really was that all the adapters I looked at are 13amp, would this be ok to use do you think?

Its no concern, your blender is only drawing 3.5 amps so the load is well below the rating of the adaptor.

That's excellent. Thanks a lot for your help. I really am a bit lost when it comes to this sort of stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Korea uses "Schuko", the same as most of continental Europe.

Your choice is either to cut the plug off and fit an Irish one.
    Or, use a Schuko-Irish adaptor. Just be careful that it has an earth if the blender needs one.

Schuko adaptors look like : http://cpc.farnell.com/productimages/farnell/standard/PL12943-40.jpg

The earth is the metal clip at the top and bottom of the socket and it connects to a metal strip at the top and bottom of the plug.

Some travel adaptors sold in Ireland connect the live and neutral, but don't have the earth clips. So, don't use those.

If you're planning on staying here and not moving back to Korea, just cut the plug off and fit an Irish one.

Advertisement