Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyhill shooting

Options
  • 15-07-2014 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Just heard on twitter A man in his 20s has been shot several times in the arm by a gunman on a motorcycle at Hollyhill in Cork city. It happened at 8:45 tonight."
    and another source tweeted moments ago: "A man in his 20s has been injured after a shooting incident in Hollyhill Cork. 1 arrest & a search continues for a second suspect"
    Anybody know anything? Just curious I guess

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dobz95

Ok I just saw a tweet from 'GardaCheckpointsCork ‏@ GardaCork' on twitter saying "Shooting in Hollyhill was a pellet gun minor injury"
    Never mind about this thread I guess hahahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Still though, a pellet gun has the potential to do serious damage through blinding etc, especially combined with the speed of a motorbike.

Just passed Shanakiel out walking so your first post gave me a bit of a shock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Is this confirmed? That it was a pellet gun?

RTÉ have it as:
    The victim, aged in his 20s, was shot a number of times by a gunman on a motorbike.
    He is being treated for minor injuries at the Mercy University Hospital.

Shot a number of times, yet only minor injuries??

Irish Times reports it as:
    A man in his 20s has suffered injuries to his elbow following a drive by shooting in Cor
    k.
    Shot, but injuries to his elbow??

Obviously, even if it's a pellet gun, it's still a criminal act that the Gardaí need to investigate.
    But if it was a pellet gun, then it's a terrible omission by the media to not have mentioned it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I think it's the difference between

"Man gunned down in drive by shooting"

vs

"Man slightly injured in elbow by pellet gun from guy on moped"

I can see why the media might pick the first headline :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

omahaid wrote: »
    I think it's the difference between

"Man gunned down in drive by shooting"

vs

"Man slightly injured in elbow by pellet gun from guy on moped"

I can see why the media might pick the first headline :D

Wouldn't you want to shoot those who give out wrong information ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

scudo2 wrote: »
    Wouldn't you want to shoot those who give out wrong information ?

I'd smash them right in the face... with a medium sized, slightly firm cushion.

Advertisement