Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forever living products?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

MammaZita wrote: »
    Did you not find the Clean 9 effective? I did it a couple of months ago, lost 10lbs which I've more or less maintained. Heading on holidays next week and considering doing it again when I get back as I know after 2 weeks eating, drinking and realistically not exercising, that I'm going to come back heavier, sluggish, demotivated, etc.

I don't really know many others that have done it apart from the person that sold it to me who lost 7lbs. I did find it good though as it motivated me to make healthy choices once I finished it and I suppose after paying €155 I wasn't going to let the weight creep back up. Also isn't there is a 60 day money back guarantee- did you pursue this and does this work in reality?

You do realise that eating a high protein mixed with a small quantity of carbs would have achieved the same (more or less) result.

My wife also partook in that detox plan, constantly complained of hunger, and lost 10lbs.

I ate sensibly, cut out bread (had a slice of low gi or spelt bread with some meals)and beer (vodka/whisky/rum with low cal mixer such as Soda water etc is ok though) mixed protein with carbs, eg, dinner 2 x chicken fillets, lots of stir fry veg, and some carbs, half baked spud/few baby potatoes / slice of brown bread.

I lost the same weight as her, but never got hungry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

You do realise that eating a high protein mixed with a small quantity of carbs would have achieved the same (more or less) result.

My wife also partook in that detox plan, constantly complained of hunger, and lost 10lbs.

I ate sensibly, cut out bread (had a slice of low gi or spelt bread with some meals)and beer (vodka/whisky/rum with low cal mixer such as Soda water etc is ok though) mixed protein with carbs, eg, dinner 2 x chicken fillets, lots of stir fry veg, and some carbs, half baked spud/few baby potatoes / slice of brown bread.

I lost the same weight as her, but never got hungry.

It's almost as if, as if, no it couldn't be. I don't think that this could be true, because eating normally can't mean you lose weight, cause then there'd be no reason we need so many weight loss and weight watchers products.

You're a bold stinking liar! You can't eat a balanced diet and lose weight, not a hope. Says right here on my low-fat high protein white bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Hoop66

My dad worked for them years ago before he died (nothing to do with FL!), and he lifted a load of the stuff and gave me some. It's good gear of you've got dry skin or dermatitis.

So don't try and sell me some, I've got loads.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Xios wrote: »
    It's almost as if, as if, no it couldn't be. I don't think that this could be true, because eating normally can't mean you lose weight, cause then there'd be no reason we need so many weight loss and weight watchers products.

You're a bold stinking liar! You can't eat a balanced diet and lose weight, not a hope. Says right here on my low-fat high protein white bread.

Next you'll be telling us to stop eating Ice-Cream and start exercising.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

one of my neighbours got into this, she would have always been a bit louder than life but she went nuts pedalling it,
    she was at it for a while, had nights in her house to sell products, she stopped people in the street telling them it would cure what ailed them.

she knew nothing of the conditions she was claiming it cured just that aloe vera was going to cure it by magic
    i reckon she lost a lot of money on it. if not she sure lost respect from people she used to call friends.

part of me suspects half the reason she got all healthy is to use up the products she was forking out for and trying to make it look like she was at least selling some bits and to maybe save face from the stuff she was saying to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

OU812 wrote: »
    ^ there's a huge amount of brainwashing in it. She's actually an ideal candidate as she'd be in direct contact with a huge amount of potential punters, but she'll badly damage her existing business.

If she uses the phrase "smashing it" I know who's team she's on.

She doesn't.. But she's never been one for proper grammar and spelling and now she's like Miss Dictionary.. I know it's only a small thing but it is literally like every text or Facebook status is typed by someone else..

I really hope she sees the light soon, but I doubt it. She's one of these stubborn to the end peeps who would rather cut off her own hand than admit she is wrong, ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BahSheep

I'd like to just have a different input from everyone else as we've all heard that its a pyramid scheme from people on here who seem to be narrow minded and clearly have not done their research.

My sister is a 33 year old woman who started the business 1 year and 7 months ago. Myself and my sister are very close but I've done Avon and I was very sceptical about the whole thing. My sister has her masters in psychology sociology and anthropology and also has a degree in medical history. So shes not a damn dingbat. Now I work in fraud so the first thing I thing I thought was "what a heap of poop" ...

She totally proved me wrong. My nephew has severe eczema and aloe vera (which isn't toxic if it comes from the centre of the plant, like the forever living range) has completely rid him of all his eczema! The clean 9, (which I tried) because of the aloe vera cleans your gut and shrinks your stomach and that's why its more beneficial than an ordinary diet. Because its not a diet its a detox. Also garcinia cambogia has been recommended by celebrities etc, and bee pollen is for the energy. The protein shakes unlike other protein has all the vitamins and minerals in it so its 100% bio-available. You feel fantastic after day 3 on the clean 9 and your hunger pangs go. The heat lotion which isnt full of chemicals like "deep heat" contains a thing called lignan in it which penetrates into your dermal layer to help heat the muscle. Their products have the olympic seal of approval aswell as many other certs and recommendations and as for the business, my sister who is a full time mammy has worked part-time for the year and 7 months and is receiving cheques each month of 4k plus while also helping every person in her downline achieve a good income in their own right. They say that the business only works for 1 in 10 people and thats because the other 9 are too narrow minded or lazy to see a simple business plan that has worked for hundreds of thousands for over 30 years! I'm sorry that some of you can't see that or have had bad experiences with forever living but don't knock it unless you try it or even understand it.

If some of you don't care about your own or your families health and well-being all well and good go spend your money on JD and ice cream. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

It's kind of interesting how people's viewpoints are on things. If you've ever tried starting a business, I think most people know what I'm talking about - when you start off with your idea, it's kind of a joke. Then you start doing it, and people think of it as 'not real'. And over time, if it becomes successful, THEN they consider it a real business.

When people hear about things like this, they're all, 'All you do is buy stuff and resell it at a 35% markup! It's b.s.'.

But do you know who else does that? EVERY SINGLE RETAIL SHOP you go to. And online shops too. It's the exact same thing. Except the markup is usually a lot higher.

When you walk into a Spar - nobody at Spar made those products. They just bought them. And now they are selling them to you. I have a co-worker who started selling baby items online and over the last five years, him and his wife have had a lot of success with it. ALL THEY DO, is buy a bunch of things from a distributor. Then they put it on their website. And they sell it for a large markup.

The only difference I see, is how successful you are. If you buy 10 somethings and sell it online for a markup, well, that's not a 'real business'. But if you buy 10,000 things and sell them online for a markup, well, then it's considered legit.

I'm not for or against Forever Living products, or any of the similar programs - but I don't see the objection to this model of reselling things. I don't know anyone who buys anything direct from the people who make it - except maybe a local farmer or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BahSheep

UCDVet wrote: »
    It's kind of interesting how people's viewpoints are on things. If you've ever tried starting a business, I think most people know what I'm talking about - when you start off with your idea, it's kind of a joke. Then you start doing it, and people think of it as 'not real'. And over time, if it becomes successful, THEN they consider it a real business.

When people hear about things like this, they're all, 'All you do is buy stuff and resell it at a 35% markup! It's b.s.'.

But do you know who else does that? EVERY SINGLE RETAIL SHOP you go to. And online shops too. It's the exact same thing. Except the markup is usually a lot higher.

When you walk into a Spar - nobody at Spar made those products. They just bought them. And now they are selling them to you. I have a co-worker who started selling baby items online and over the last five years, him and his wife have had a lot of success with it. ALL THEY DO, is buy a bunch of things from a distributor. Then they put it on their website. And they sell it for a large markup.

The only difference I see, is how successful you are. If you buy 10 somethings and sell it online for a markup, well, that's not a 'real business'. But if you buy 10,000 things and sell them online for a markup, well, then it's considered legit.

I'm not for or against Forever Living products, or any of the similar programs - but I don't see the objection to this model of reselling things. I don't know anyone who buys anything direct from the people who make it - except maybe a local farmer or something.

Exactly. What forever living do Is they take out the advertisements and promotional work etc and that goes to the person who sells the product. So they remove the middleman and do the work themselves and get paid for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

So.... Aloe Vera cures cancer. I'll pm you my bank details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I was asked to contribute money to help solve the civil unrest in Egypt, but I suspect it's some sort of pyramid scheme

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A local guy is big into this Chelmsford thing, driving me crazy trying to sign me up for it, same as this FL stuff by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

BahSheep wrote: »
    I'd like to just have a different input from everyone else as we've all heard that its a pyramid scheme from people on here who seem to be narrow minded and clearly have not done their research.

My sister is a 33 year old woman who started the business 1 year and 7 months ago. Myself and my sister are very close but I've done Avon and I was very sceptical about the whole thing. My sister has her masters in psychology sociology and anthropology and also has a degree in medical history. So shes not a damn dingbat. Now I work in fraud so the first thing I thing I thought was "what a heap of poop" ...

She totally proved me wrong. My nephew has severe eczema and aloe vera (which isn't toxic if it comes from the centre of the plant, like the forever living range) has completely rid him of all his eczema! The clean 9, (which I tried) because of the aloe vera cleans your gut and shrinks your stomach and that's why its more beneficial than an ordinary diet. Because its not a diet its a detox. Also garcinia cambogia has been recommended by celebrities etc, and bee pollen is for the energy. The protein shakes unlike other protein has all the vitamins and minerals in it so its 100% bio-available. You feel fantastic after day 3 on the clean 9 and your hunger pangs go. The heat lotion which isnt full of chemicals like "deep heat" contains a thing called lignan in it which penetrates into your dermal layer to help heat the muscle. Their products have the olympic seal of approval aswell as many other certs and recommendations and as for the business, my sister who is a full time mammy has worked part-time for the year and 7 months and is receiving cheques each month of 4k plus while also helping every person in her downline achieve a good income in their own right. They say that the business only works for 1 in 10 people and thats because the other 9 are too narrow minded or lazy to see a simple business plan that has worked for hundreds of thousands for over 30 years! I'm sorry that some of you can't see that or have had bad experiences with forever living but don't knock it unless you try it or even understand it.

If some of you don't care about your own or your families health and well-being all well and good go spend your money on JD and ice cream. :)
    You work in fraud? Seems so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

mod

Lads in the name of jaysus will ye report spam instead of quoting it and giving them more publicity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Now my post looks stupid.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Friends of ours got involved and held a demonstration night in their living room a few years ago it was cringeworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Now my post looks stupid.

Thanks.

If it makes you feel any better, all your posts look stupid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement