Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to reply to threads or post new threads

Options
  • 15-07-2014 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was having my morning catch up on the United superthread over on the soccer forum, and when I went to reply, it said my account did not have the associated privileges.

I tried from both my phone and PC and same issue.

I then thought I'd post a thread in helpdesk or prison, but again got this error about permissions.

I've no pm's or correspondence for a ban or anything, and I'm pretty sure I havn't received anything. I got a 24 hour ban there last week or tweek before, but after discussing with the mod it was removed, other then that think I'm pretty spotless in soccer.

Could a moderator/admin take a look at my account and let me know if there is something I should know?

Thanks,
    Doc.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Doc,
    Being prevented from posting in both Soccer and Helpdesk is odd. Did you have access to the Soccer forum before the World Cup when it was opened to everyone? You might need to check your access with the Mods there.

I can't see any other reason why you wouldn't be able to post, especially in Helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hi Doc,
    Being prevented from posting in both Soccer and Helpdesk is odd. Did you have access to the Soccer forum before the World Cup when it was opened to everyone? You might need to check your access with the Mods there.

I can't see any other reason why you wouldn't be able to post, especially in Helpdesk.

Hi Niamh.

Yeah I have had soccer access for years. I typically only post in one specific thread and was working as of last night.

I can still see the forum and posts but it returns an error when I click on the reply button. The quick reply box is also missing at the bottom of the page.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Boring standard questions but have you tried logging out / logging in and/or tried in a different browser?

Nody wrote: »
    Boring standard questions but have you tried logging out / logging in and/or tried in a different browser?

Yeah. Weird one this.

Its behaving as if my posting privalages have been removed. The error comes from the platform boards uses . I'll try get a screenshot if it helps.

Tested some other forums I frequent..and I can post there fine.

Might try send a PM off to the soccer mods to have them take a look.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah. Weird one this.

Its behaving as if my posting privalages have been removed. The error comes from the platform boards uses . I'll try get a screenshot if it helps.
    That would be very helpful, thanks.

That would be very helpful, thanks.

Screenshot attached

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Modutils suggests you don't have access to the soccer forum.

Given your colourful record, I'll leave it to them to reinstate you. Drop them a PM if you haven't done so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have tried giving you access to the Soccer forum now so if you can try posting and see if it works....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is it the same message in Helpdesk? You've never been banned from there, so it might be a better yardstick than Soccer.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Have tried giving you access to the Soccer forum now so if you can try posting and see if it works....

Thanks Lord.

Its back working now. Was my permissions changed or something ?

Thanks anyway for sorting !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thanks Lord.

Its back working now. Was my permissions changed or something ?

Thanks anyway for sorting !

Not that I could see, not on purpose anyway, but then the Soccer forum did revert back to it's typical "Got to request access" mode so I'd guess your name got lumped in with others who didn't have access pre-WC for some reason.

Dades wrote: »
    Modutils suggests you don't have access to the soccer forum.

Given your colourful record, I'll leave it to them to reinstate you. Drop them a PM if you haven't done so.

Thanks issue is resolved now.

But as a side note...what's my colourful record ? Thought I've been relatively squeeky clean in that forum.

Probably have a tsined his to run from the airsoft forum...but that was one of the most complex forums on the site.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not that I could see, not on purpose anyway, but then the Soccer forum did revert back to it's typical "Got to request access" mode so I'd guess your name got lumped in with others who didn't have access pre-WC for some reason.

He wasn't the only one, was going to mention it to the other mods but ive barely had a moments rest with my multiple jobs and Germany winning the World cup but Strongbow10 contacted me with a similar problem yesterday and I gave him access as I know he had access before the WC change with regards access

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks issue is resolved now.

But as a side note...what's my colourful record ? Thought I've been relatively squeeky clean in that forum.
    Your most recent ban was in Soccer last month... that was enough for me to leave it to the mods who manage access to reinstate you. :)

Dades wrote: »
    Your most recent ban was in Soccer last month... that was enough for me to leave it to the mods who manage access to reinstate you. :)

Ah right. Think I sorted that out with the mod and my 24hr ban was removed.

Learned my lesson making bad jokes :D

Advertisement