Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT vs NCI

Options
  • 15-07-2014 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently doing Bsc (Hons) in Computing with NCI. I was looking into many offerings by different colleges when I started 2 years ago. This was the closest to proper computer science that I could find (part-time). Griffith do offer one as well but it costs quite a bit more.

Now after 2 years with NCI, I'm considering moving to DIT to further cut the costs. I specifically picked Computing over Business Information Systems as I have zero interest in the business side of things. I can see how it's useful and all, but I'd like to stick with the technical side of things. For some odd reason most part time courses seem to be business oriented (except NCI & Griffith).

I came across this offering from DIT (can't post links as a new user :( ) : BSc Information Systems and Information Technology (DT249)

I hope someone more familiar with the subject & industry could tell me how does it compare to what I'm doing with NCI: BSc Honours in Computing

I've compared the available modules but I've heard that there's very little practical work involved in DIT....

Thanks!

Advertisement