Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anti chaffing

Options
  • 15-07-2014 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Bought a new wet suit at the weekend and they were out of the anti chaffing stuff in the shop.

I went for my swim sunday and my neck was red raw. Have a nice big brown scab all accross the back of my neck at the moment.

Anyway its proving hard to get body glide or any of the anti chaffing stuff anywhere at the moment, does anyone use an alternative.

I heard vaseline was bad so I'm not going to use that. There have been a few mentions of KY Jelly on some forums on the internet does anyone use this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Bodyglide has been out of stock everywhere as they changed distributor at the start of 2014.

I use Pure Athlete balm and it is great. A little goes a lot further than you'd expect and as it's a jar you can use every bit of it.

One thing to watch with the wetsuits is that with most the 'hooks' bit of the velcro is on the outer flap. Make sure that everybit of this is stuck to the fuzzy bit so that there are no exposed hooks that will rip the neck off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

AKW wrote: »

One thing to watch with the wetsuits is that with most the 'hooks' bit of the velcro is on the outer flap. Make sure that everybit of this is stuck to the fuzzy bit so that there are no exposed hooks that will rip the neck off you.

This.... +1. If you follow this advice you will most likely not need anything as the problem will disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

EC1000 wrote: »
    This.... +1. If you follow this advice you will most likely not need anything as the problem will disappear.

Once its a wetsuit designed for swimming yes. If its a surf or generic wetsuit then be prepared for chaffing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Once its a wetsuit designed for swimming yes. If its a surf or generic wetsuit then be prepared for chaffing

Swim suits will chaff just as bad on the neck. Usually due to the velcro issue as above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kchsligo

Got some body glide in Call of the Wild in Sligo on Saturday morning, it had just come back in so maybe it will start appearing in shops again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kchsligo

Got some body glide in Call of the Wild in Sligo on Saturday morning, it had just come back in so maybe it will start appearing in shops again now.

Advertisement