Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre in Carrick-On-Suir ?

Options
  • 15-07-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi there, 
    Any news on when eFibre will be available in Carrick-On-Suir ? 

Ive been keeping an eye on the eFibre map for some months and watching the dates but now Carrick-On-Suir has vanished from the map http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ . Why was Carrick removed from the map?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

_John C wrote: »
    Hi there, 
    Any news on when eFibre will be available in Carrick-On-Suir ? 

Ive been keeping an eye on the eFibre map for some months and watching the dates but now Carrick-On-Suir has vanished from the map http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ . Why was Carrick removed from the map?

Hi _John C

I'm sorry to confirm that efibre plans for Carrick on suir have been provisionally delayed and at this moment in time I will be unable to offer a timeframe of when to expect efibre. Unfortunately I will be unable to offer the reasons behind such infrastructural decisions.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

My parents signed up to an extra 12 months with Eircom last August after an Eircom representative told us efibre would be available in Carrick-on-Suir in November 2013. November came and no sign of it, the map went live and it said Carrick was April 2014, fair enough there was a delay. In March the date changed to June and I contacted Alan on here who said the delay was due to unforeseen circumstances the damage created by the storms caused, and June would be the latest it would arrive. It's now July and you have removed Carrick from your map entirely while every town of a comparable size in the country has eFibre, while our town has left behind yet again.

Edit: Link To Original Post

Dunnie1982 wrote: »
    My parents signed up to an extra 12 months with Eircom last August after an Eircom representative told us efibre would be available in Carrick-on-Suir in November 2013. November came and no sign of it, the map went live and it said Carrick was April 2014, fair enough there was a delay. In March the date changed to June and I contacted Alan on here who said the delay was due to unforeseen circumstances the damage created by the storms caused, and June would be the latest it would arrive. It's now July and you have removed Carrick from your map entirely while every town of a comparable size in the country has eFibre, while our town has left behind yet again.

Edit: Link To Original Post

Hi Dunnie1982

I can fully understand any disappointment you have with this. Unfortunately unforeseen circumstances can occur however efibre is still planned for Carrick an Suir although we would not be able to offer a timeframe at present. All dates are provisional and should be only treated as an indication - apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delays.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

Eircom, what stunt are you pulling on us ? Seems like a dozen or more large towns suddenly pulled ? Have ye gone bankrupt again or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hou1ie

The statement "although we would not be able to offer a timeframe at present" fills me with dread. Translated it means "we have no plans; we have no plan for plans".
    Yes, we are shafted again.

• Advertisement

ClonNGB wrote: »
    Eircom, what stunt are you pulling on us ? Seems like a dozen or more large towns suddenly pulled ? Have ye gone bankrupt again or something ?

Hi ClonNGB

I can assure you that plans have not been pulled to expand the fibre network - some dates have been delayed and some areas are in consideration for a new date and until the new dates are scheduled the areas affected will not be listed. I'm passing all feedback on this to online operations to highlight the concern this has created but I can assure you the map will be updated when dates have been established.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭_John C

Also just to add; theres 5 new fibre/VDSL cabs installed already in Carrick-On-Suir. They were installed on the 18th of June. And theres plans for 7 more.

1. Entrance to Cregg Lawns
    2. At the bottom of the hill up to Collins Park.
    3. Oaklands.
    4. O'Mahony Avenue
    5. Mill street (Entrance to Orchard Crescent)

So the problem must be to do with ducting or an ESB issue ???

Also just to add; theres 5 new fibre/VDSL cabs installed already in Carrick-On-Suir. They were installed on the 18th of June. And theres plans for 7 more.

1. Entrance to Cregg Lawns
    2. At the bottom of the hill up to Collins Park.
    3. Oaklands.
    4. O'Mahony Avenue
    5. Mill street (Entrance to Orchard Crescent)

So the problem must be to do with ducting or an ESB issue ???

Hi _John C

As I previously mentioned the map will be updated as soon as provisional dates are agreed - efibre operations will not be able to offer infrastructural details to the level of detailing what issues would be causing the delays but they have confirmed that the map will indeed be update in the coming weeks.

Al

Thanks Alan

Thanks Alan
    No problem at all _John C :)

Al

• Advertisement

Carrick-on-suir back on the map for September :)

Carrick-on-suir back on the map for September :)
    That's good to see :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

The map has now changed to April-June 2015, what's happening Eircom? Delay after delay, it makes Eircom seem very amateurish and untrustworthy. I'm not taking it out on you Alan as you are only doing a job, but it's not acceptable that smaller towns around the country are being left behind as usual, while the areas which have Fibre available from other companies get a choice even though most would go for UPC if there was an option. After a phonecall last week we were told eFibre would definitely be here in September, maybe even late August and we signed up for 12 more months as we got a discount from our bill, now we are stuck with you for 12 more months as we agreed a contract & we will probably have more delays & excuses next year. It's a disgrace that we now have an earliest date which is 17 months after we were told we would have it installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hou1ie

Carrick off the map again.............

Hou1ie wrote: »
    Carrick off the map again.............
    Hi Hou1ie

This should be updated by next week

Al

Advertisement