Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Lucan village - free 30 minutes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    How does it work? I can park there for 30 minutes without displaying anything in the window? Seems like this would be wide open to abuse.

http://www.gazettegroup.com/news/30-min-free-parking-lucan/

Wardens takes note of time they first see you parked and if you are still there 31 mins later without a ticket you get done, and believe me with one of the wardens there it will be 31 mins.

If you pass them at one end of the village and park on the other chances are you will get more than 30 mins if you are willing to chance it.

What I dont know is the 30 mins limited to one spot, if you park at one end for 30 mins can you then drive to the other end and park for another 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Thanks for clearing that up..
    Thought it was getting 1hr 30 for a Euro instead of the hour, which kind of isn't free parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Thanks for clearing that up..
    Thought it was getting 1hr 30 for a Euro instead of the hour, which kind of isn't free parking.

That's what I thought as well and have still been pumping money into the meter whenever I make a quick pit-stop down in the village to run into the bank, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

The first 30 mins are free, and this is shown on the ticket when printed.
    So if you park and then come back 30 mins later print a ticket, there will be 30 mins more free on the ticket.
    The parking warden is well aware of this and will do you if you try this.
    So - if you are going to be less than 30 mins, then park away - if you are going to be more than 30 mins, print a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I have to go to the bank this morning so I'll give it a whirl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

is the fine print of this availbale anywhere?

is the fine print of this availbale anywhere?

This is from SDCC
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=939&pid=29191

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

This is a head scratcher for me. One area in Lucan where free 30 min parking is available is:

Lucan Road, west of a point 62m East of its junction with Lucan-Newlands Rd

Where the hell is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Pherekydes wrote: »

Thanks, why couldn't they just say 'from the junction of Lucan Road and Esker Lawns'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Esker Lawns used to be Lucan-Newlands rd. Maybe it still is in some circles.

Ah ok, didn't know that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Google maps has the road labelled incorrectly, it is not Esker Lawns, it's Lucan Newlands Road according to the Ordinance Survey map viewer. Esker Lawns is an estate accessed from the Lucan Newlands Road.

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Google maps has the road labelled incorrectly, it is not Esker Lawns, it's Lucan Newlands Road according to the Ordinance Survey map viewer. Esker Lawns is an estate accessed from the Lucan Newlands Road.

The Jet Hill - that what most Lucan people I know call it since the Jet filling station that used to be where Topaz is now.

alias no.9 wrote: »

I submitted a request to GM to change this. Wonder if they will update it.

Google fixed the road name!

Advertisement