Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change the Subnet Mask

Options
  • 15-07-2014 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey there

I have a Cisco router, and want to connect that directly to my BB onnection, ideally removing the Zyxel router. If I cant remove the router, I want to set it as a bridge, and then apply the settings to my cisco router. I have tried this already, but the cisco router wont accept 255.255.255.255 as a subnet mask. Please an you tell me how I update the subnet mask?I have a static IP from eircom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

tuxx wrote: »
    Hey there

I have a Cisco router, and want to connect that directly to my BB onnection, ideally removing the Zyxel router. If I cant remove the router, I want to set it as a bridge, and then apply the settings to my cisco router. I have tried this already, but the cisco router wont accept 255.255.255.255 as a subnet mask. Please an you tell me how I update the subnet mask?I have a static IP from eircom

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi tuxx

I can confirm that eircom do not support bridging mode and as a result I will be unable to offer assistance win arranging bridging.

I'm unaware of the compatibility of your router ( I would recommend contacting technical support on 1890260260 for advice there) but it is important to make sure you have the correct settings applied - The eircom settings are:

Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

router(config)ip subnet-zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gctest50 wrote: »
    router(config)ip subnet-zero
    Thanks for the advice gctest50

While I cannot assist with bridging all advice from other users is more than welcome here :)

Al

Advertisement