Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from the Radio forum. For what ?

Options
  • 15-07-2014 1:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Dispute Regulator,

I received this notice yesterday?

I replied to the mod in question last night with the following query and have not yet received a reply.

What precisely is the reason I have been banned?

Is it for disagreeing with another poster by expressing a perfectly legitimate opinion?

Or for suggesting that a member of the last government should be in prison?

What is wrong with either?

I cannot find anything in the forum charter that prohibits me from saying what I said.

Furthermore, why am I receiving a ban for this now when I have said the exact same thing in the past about other former cabinet ministers on the radio forum, without so much as a warning or infraction of any kind.

This suggests three things to me.

1, Your policy of administering infractions is inconsistent.

2, You are more sensitive to criticism of some politicians than you are to others and therefore biased.

3, Both of the above.

I am appealing this ban on the grounds that the reasons for it were not properly explained and the comment I made was perfectly legitmate.

Simply saying 'read the charter' and then doing a runner without getting back to me is not an adquate way to treat someone.

Especially as, (like I said above), I have made near idendical comments in the past without warning or infractions being issued.

Lapin.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It's for the post after this one, I'd imagine.

Advertisement