Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hr investigation sexual harassment

Options
  • 15-07-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, I need some advise. Last year I was been sexually harrest in work. My only evidence was a serious of text messages and what's app conversation. The report came back saying there was no evidence of crime. The texts message and what's app messages clearly indicate something had gone on. I'm unsure on how HR conduct investigations. She went to the person in question presented him with my interview, gave him my evidence and told him she will be looking for a response to allegations and evidence with a formal interview two weeks after he received the information. Which would of gave him time to think of responses to his these allegations. I understand he would of been told there is a complaint gone in against him and that he would be questioned. But is it normal for the evidence and a copy of my interview to be handed over?
    Many thanks for your help.
    P.s And if anyone can advise me on the next step to take I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭markiemark2005

king82 wrote: »
    But is it normal for the evidence and a copy of my interview to be handed over?
    P.s And if anyone can advise me on the next step to take I would really appreciate it.

Yes, its expected that the allegations and the source of them is handed over to the person accused. I am not so sure that a full copy of your interview should be handed over though.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭orl

Yes the accused must be able see the accusations. It might be worth your while reading this case

https://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/Cases/2015/August/DEC-E2015-079.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Technically, you could be called in and cross examined by the accused's rep but that's highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

king82 wrote: »
    Hi all, I need some advise. Last year I was been sexually harrest in work. My only evidence was a serious of text messages and what's app conversation. The report came back saying there was no evidence of crime. The texts message and what's app messages clearly indicate something had gone on. I'm unsure on how HR conduct investigations. She went to the person in question presented him with my interview, gave him my evidence and told him she will be looking for a response to allegations and evidence with a formal interview two weeks after he received the information. Which would of gave him time to think of responses to his these allegations. I understand he would of been told there is a complaint gone in against him and that he would be questioned. But is it normal for the evidence and a copy of my interview to be handed over?

No offence but I have a feeling you might be overreacting. He hasn't touched you or you would have said and the texts have been reviewed and nothing amiss. Are you sure you have been proper harassed or is this guy just an asshole that youd like to see done for harassment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

bilbot79 wrote: »
    No offence but I have a feeling you might be overreacting. He hasn't touched you or you would have said and the texts have been reviewed and nothing amiss. Are you sure you have been proper harassed or is this guy just an asshole that youd like to see done for harassment?

To be fair no one has any basis for making assumptions other than ones own preconceptions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Is this related to the supreme court case you are asking about in the other thread you started?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

OK, so they say no crime was committed. Where they the exact words? Only the guards or a judge can determine whether a crime was committed not a HR manager.

Sexual harassment under the employment equality acts is a civil wrong. However why were you communicating on whats app at work?

In terms of your next step consult a solicitor. If you cannot afford one contact Free Legal Aid, as a solicitor would be in a better position to advise you once all the facts are presented to them. Please also be advised you have a time period of 6 months under this act to refer an action for sexual harassment so if you want to pursue this get legal advice quickly (though it can be extended to 12).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Mod: Guys the OP is a year and a half old.
    Please don't drag up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement