Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachet & Clank

Options
  • 15-07-2014 2:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭

Are the new ones as good as the old ones on the ps2.

Im alot older now so just wondering if i was to pick them up would i get as much fun of the new ones as i use to in the old ones.

Basically would like a little review of someone that has played them thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Most of the new entries are not. (Q-Force & Into the Nexus). Sadly, Insomniac games moved Ratchet beyond its trademark series gameplay into newer, crapper territories.

Huge exception to that are the "future" series, Namely "A Crack in Time". ACiT is absolutely amazing and is nearly my favourite of the lot so play that if you want old school R&C.

But really, you want the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection. It's the 1st, 2nd & 3rd games remastered in HD for PS3 and they are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

A Crack in Time is the best 3D action platformer of the last generation. An absolutely brilliant game from start to finish.

The first in the series, Tools of Destruction, is also very good. I played through Into the Nexus earlier this year and really enjoyed it. The only problem is that it is so short and you'll want more.

Avoid Q-Force unless you want to play a tower defence game. But All 4 One is decent especially in co-op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

They are also remaking the first ratchet game for PS4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I played Tools of destruction one and it was fantastic. I think after that is the quest for boots and crack in time?
    I will definitely getting that hd collection later on. It will be for ps3 Though, I won't have enough patients for ps vita controls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A Crack in Time is the best 3D action platformer of the last generation. An absolutely brilliant game from start to finish.

Mario Galaxy called and said you're wrong :p

• Advertisement

Mario galaxy isn't an action platformer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Mario Galaxy called and said you're wrong :p

I'm pretty sure I've made that statement about A Crack in Time several times in various threads and you always pop up with that Mario Galaxy rebuttal :D

If I get a Wii U I must play it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Tools of Destruction is amazing game with a different way of leveling weapons.

Quest for Booty is a 2 hour bridge to the next game.

A Crack in Time is absolutely brilliant and the best game of the lot.

All 4 One is an experimental title and the main fun of it is as a couch co-op.

QForce is another experimental title which is like a tower defence game.

Nexus is a cut down version of a traditional Ratchet game. It is short about 8-10 hours but closes the PS3 story arc.

I actually like Q-force, on the PS3 anyway. The framerate on vita is appalling.

Advertisement