Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new Spiralizer

• 15-07-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

So having read that all the healthy people are using a spirializer , nothing would do me but I had to buy one . I have cut out carbs a lot avoiding/ reducing portions of spuds , rice , pasta and bread. Recipes on the net look great. First up later on in the week I Plan to try sweet potato and Courgette recipes .Anybody have one or cares to share ideas ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd never even heard of them - but I'd love to hear how you get on with yours. Did you buy one like this?

28vf1qs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Very similar to mine , I read about them online , sold out on amazon and apparently the "hottest gadget around " !!! Will keep you posted , plan on using it for dinner on Thursday .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

What is it? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Faith wrote: »
    What is it? :confused:

It cuts vegetables into spaghetti-like strands. I think it may do other cuts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

I seen a couple of lady chefs, dont know names, making a ragu on Saturday kitchen a couple of weeks ago and using Courgette spaghetti, looked quite nice, Id say it could be found on the BBC food site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Hmmm interesting ... are they expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lucy B

Think you just put whatever veg into it and twist the handle and out comes pasta like potato, courgette etc..

Would like to try it. Are they easily available in shops? Debenhams maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I was reading about this in one of the UK newspapers over the weekend.

Apparently, it can also make curly fries. Worth buying for that alone. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Have Aldi or Lidl not got something similar to this going cheap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2682631/Kitchen-gizmo-shave-pounds-It-turns-veg-guilt-free-pasta.html

thread just reminded me I read this about 2 weeks ago (don't judge me for reading the daily mail)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

(don't judge me for reading the daily mail)

It's only a sin if you bought the copy you read;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

It's only a sin if you bought the copy you read;)

NEVER!!! read it online for free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

I'm thinking of buying a spiralizer so am delighted to find this thread! My main question is whether there is a lot of waste? In some of the videos I've seen the centre part of the vegetable doesn't get cut, only the outer portion does. Do you find this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I have been making courgette noodles etc... for AGES so glad to know I'm trendy now! However couldn't afford one of the above fancy gadgets so if theres anyone impoverished person like me out there, try a Julienne peeler and it's the same effect! Apart from the curliness! Got mine in Homestore and More for about 2euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

I really want to get one of these! Are the small handheld ones any good, or would I be better to invest in one of the bigger contraptions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Mine is the one in the earlier picture, to be honest I'm a bit disappointed with it . It works a treat with soft veg like courgettes but not great with for example celeriac . It doesn't seem strong enough to grip and rotate with the harder veg .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,793 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I smile when I see this thread. Curly from cork buys a Spiralizer. :)

Advertisement