Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of the Reeks 2014

Options
  • 15-07-2014 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Beaufort G.A.A. Club and Killorglin Cycling Club have joined forces to bring you the 'Ring of the Reeks', Caragh Lake Loop and the 'Ring of Beaufort' leisure spins which will be held on

Saturday, 26th July 2014

The event offers the participant the choice of three routes:

The Ring of the Reeks cycle is a 110KM loop of Ireland's highest mountains - The McGillycuddy Reeks. The cycle features two significant climbs, Moll's Gap and Ballaghbeama Gap which are sure to test the strength and stamina of the riders. The route is suitable for intermediate to experienced cyclists but all are welcome. The cycle will begin at 9 am from Beaufort G.A.A. Club grounds, Co Kerry.

There will be refreshment stops at Blackwater Tavern, Blackwater and Climbers Inn, Glencar. There will be hot food after the cycle at Beaufort Community Centre.

The cost of the cycle is €25. There is a discount of €5 for Cycling Ireland Club members

The Caragh Lake Loop is a 60KM cycle traversing the most scenic landscape in the area. Starting at Beaufort G.A.A. Club grounds, it follows the initial route of the Ring of Beaufort as far as Glencuttane Cross.

At this point, the adventurous beginner can opt to continue in the direction of Glencar as far as Gortamaloon Cross where the participants of the Caragh Lake loop join the route of the Ring of the Reeks Cycle and continue towards scenic Caragh Lake and ultimsyely returning to Beaufort village.

Needless to say, there will be hot food after the cycle at Beaufort Community Centre

The Ring of Beaufort cycle is a shorter 35KM family or beginner fun cycle. It will start at Beaufort G.A.A. Club grounds at 11 am. There will be hot food and refreshments after the cycle.

The cost of the cycle is €15 for an Adult and €5 for a juvenile. All juvenile under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.

For more information visit

beaufortgaaclub.com/contentPage/255043/a_b_o_u_t_c_y_c_l_e

or to register online

beaufortgaaclub.com/contentPage/255047/c_y_c_l_e_r_e_g_i_s_t_r_a_t_i_o_n_a_n_d_r_u_l_e_s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I'll probably be working as I am off this w/end so Best Wishes to All involved :)

Safe n Happy Peddling,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement