Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Look on the CRO website and search for Irish water, then see if your mind is changed about whether it's a private company or not

We really need to not believe everything our government tell us. The week of mistruths in government this week alone should tell you that much

Look, there's people on this site who'll believe anything this government tells them. It's in their interest that the trough is kept full. Lemmings come to mind, fat bloated lemmings with a sense of entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Look, there's people on this site who'll believe anything this government tells them. It's in their interest that the trough is kept full. Lemmings come to mind, fat bloated lemmings with a sense of entitlement.

Flesh that one out Father.

I'd like to hear more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Flesh that one out Father.

I'd like to hear more.

Well, there's certain posters on here who are employed in the PS/semi-state sector.
    That much we can gather by 1. having a look at their posting history and 2. Receiving PM's from other posters who have been on here for years and know these guy's history.
    Don't ask me to name them as I'm not going to get banned just to suit some people. They and us know who they are.

Now, the PS/CS and semi-state employees whinge and bitch about having all these pay cuts and having to contribute a bit for their pension, but the reality is that these people have had pay rises every year bar one during the worst recession this country has seen.
    Fact is, that if the Irish Water Quango didn't take the money it costs to provide water in this country off the exchequer books, we would have to 1. borrow more money to pay these people 30-40% more than other EU countries (countries that aren't even in a bailout programme) or 2. Cut their pay to levels that should be expected for unsackable state employees.

The PS/semi-state wage bill and the welfare bill in this state are way out of line and it has to be corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Can you show me where these plans to sell Irish Water are stated?

Please read:

http://humanrights.ie/civil-liberties/the-right-to-water-and-privatisation-in-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

EazyD wrote: »

The privatisation of water in Ireland may be imminent
    may be

Stopped Reading here. Lots of speculations. where's the proof?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

That says nothing about plans to sell Irish Water. Unsubstantiated speculation on the other hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

papu wrote: »
    may be

Where's the guarantee it won't ?

Phoebas wrote: »
    That says nothing about plans to sell Irish Water. Unsubstantiated speculation on the other hand...

All the steps for it to be privatised are put in place. Are you really as naive to believe it'd be scrapped, working only on the statements of those closely related to the formation of the company in question? Righhhht

may be

Read response to Phoebe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

All the steps for it to be privatised are put in place. Are you really as naive to believe it'd be scrapped, working only on the statements of those closely related to the formation of the company in question? Righhhht
    There are no plans to privatise Irish Water.

• Advertisement

hju6 wrote: »
    Where's the guarantee it won't ?

Nothing in this world is guaranteed , IW have goverment funding until 2017 , if after this time they plan to privatize I will most certainly be against it.
    However until this is announced it really isn't an issue.

Nothing in this world is guaranteed , IW have goverment funding until 2017 , if after this time they plan to privatize I will most certainly be against it.

So why are you insistsnt that it's not a private company and it won't be sold?

And we will be paying for water twice until 2017
    Via taxes and payments to IW
    Thanks for clearing that one up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Well, there's certain posters on here who are employed in the PS/semi-state sector.

And what about those that aren't ? Without using sheep, shill, or any other nonsense term.

So why are you insistsnt that it's not a private company and it won't be sold?

It is a private company , owned wholly by the state.
    As opposed to a public company who offers its securities for sale to the general public
    And we will be paying for water twice until 2017
    Via taxes and payments to IW
    Thanks for clearing that one up

This is like groundhog day.
    Broken record syndrome

• Registered Users Posts: 6 boardyet?

Article from the BBC that's worth a read. ( I can't link as I'm a new user unfortunately) I hate that the government think we are dumb enough to think this is about 'safe guarding your water'. As the article puts it so succinctly:

"Raising money from water charges was a condition imposed on Ireland by the EU-IMF-ECB troika as part of the country's bailout in 2010 following economic collapse."

This has nothing to do with our wellbeing and everything to do with towing the line.

This whole thing as been a cobbled together mess with no proper plan. How do we expect them to manage this asset if they can't even manage to figure out a payment structure? Shambles from the get go.

ranty rant rant! It's so frustrating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Recondite49

How do you know this when the budget is 2 months away?

You don't honestly believe that our taxes are going to be reduced accordingly do you?

This is like groundhog day.
    Broken record syndrome

no its basic maths

pay IW directly and IW is funded by taxes until 2017 = paying twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Recondite49

no its basic maths

Yes indeed - I have a hard time believing people will be able to claim water payments against tax!

Still just bin the form, don't pay them a penny and don't answer the door to uninvited guests, as you Irish say it'll be grand! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lacco

boardyet? wrote: »
    Article from the BBC that's worth a read. ( I can't link as I'm a new user unfortunately) I hate that the government think we are dumb enough to think this is about 'safe guarding your water'. As the article puts it so succinctly:

"Raising money from water charges was a condition imposed on Ireland by the EU-IMF-ECB troika as part of the country's bailout in 2010 following economic collapse."

This has nothing to do with our wellbeing and everything to do with towing the line.

This whole thing as been a cobbled together mess with no proper plan. How do we expect them to manage this asset if they can't even manage to figure out a payment structure? Shambles from the get go.

ranty rant rant! It's so frustrating!

Fact is some of the crowd on here will tell you black is white when it obviously isn't.
    They believe what it suits them to believe and discount the rest as some kind of conspiracy theroy because it doesn't fit their agenda.
    The FG crowd have sucked it up and sold us out as a county to Europe who have treated us like *hit. Everytime our so called negotiators came back from Europe it was with their hands down. No treats for us who had been so good and taken so much austerity Frankly they were not up to the job and still are not. Ireland is and will be be sold off bit by bit that's it really. I'm done with this forum but good luck fighting your corner!
    I'm done with this forum

• Advertisement

lacco wrote: »
    Fact is some of the crowd on here will tell you black is white when it obviously isn't.
    They believe what it suits them to believe and discount the rest as some kind of conspiracy theroy because it doesn't fit their agenda.
    The FG crowd have sucked it up and sold us out as a county to Europe who have treated us like *hit. Everytime our so called negotiators came back from Europe it was with their hands down. No treats for us who had been so good and taken so much austerity Frankly they were not up to the job and still are not. Ireland is and will be be sold off bit by bit that's it really. I'm done with this forum but good luck fighting your corner!
    I'm done with this forum

your right, Bord Gais seems to be a handy vehicle for selling state assets,

"your Bord Gais Energy Sale – Was it a Bargain for Centrica ?
    Calendar March 26, 2014 | Posted by Money Guide
    As part of the disposal of state assets to try and pay off Ireland’s bank bailout debts – the sale of Bord Gais Energy has been agreed this week.

The headlines say that Bord Gais Energy (BGE) is to be sold for €1.1 Billion to a consortium made up of UK company Centrica and 2 others – but how much is Centrica actually paying for the gas and electricity supply part of the business ?"
    http://www.moneyguideireland.com/bord-gais-energy-sell-off-was-it-a-bargain-for-centrica.html

The Whitegate power station was only opened in December 2010 and cost Bord Gais €400m to develop . It provides power for 445,000 homes . To sell that off on it’s own for €150 million would seem cheap – but to throw in the whole energy supply part of the company too – seems like a very poor deal for the people of Ireland.

Just to give a comparison – we were told that €50m was spent by Bord Gais on consultants in 2013 to help set up Irish Water – yet the state are selling off a fully operational profit making business with a valuable power station for just 3 times that amount !"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

lacco wrote: »
    I'm done with this forum

You write as if your stressed ,bottom line is take a few deep breaths,its not your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

gladrags wrote: »
    You write as if your stressed ,bottom line is take a few deep breaths,its not your problem.
    LOOK I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS WATER FIASCO.

WE NEED TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.

I propose watering all TDS.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

no its basic maths

I tell you a basic fact.

Water is a natural resource that all peoples have a basic human right to have FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I tell you a basic fact.

Water is a natural resource that all peoples have a basic human right to have FACT.

Are you being denied water by someone?

VinLieger wrote: »
    Are you being denied water by someone?

Yes by this government .
    the people of Ireland are been denied

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I tell you a basic fact.

Yes and...?

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Yes and...?

:eek::eek::eek:

I tell you a basic fact.

Yes and...?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement