Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

hju6 wrote: »
    It will happen when it's sold off

And the record has reset.

These stock lines are getting boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

It will happen when it's sold off

I dont like this as much as the next guy, but again, can you back up these claims? A link of some sorts maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

papu wrote: »
    And the record has reset.

These stock lines are getting boring.

Why else would a private company want your PPS no?

I pointed this out earlier, worth a read
    your right, Bord Gais seems to be a handy vehicle for selling state assets,

"your Bord Gais Energy Sale – Was it a Bargain for Centrica ?
    Calendar March 26, 2014 | Posted by Money Guide
    As part of the disposal of state assets to try and pay off Ireland’s bank bailout debts – the sale of Bord Gais Energy has been agreed this week.

The headlines say that Bord Gais Energy (BGE) is to be sold for €1.1 Billion to a consortium made up of UK company Centrica and 2 others – but how much is Centrica actually paying for the gas and electricity supply part of the business ?"
    http://www.moneyguideireland.com/bord-gais-energy-sell-off-was-it-a-bargain-for-centrica.html

The Whitegate power station was only opened in December 2010 and cost Bord Gais €400m to develop . It provides power for 445,000 homes . To sell that off on it’s own for €150 million would seem cheap – but to throw in the whole energy supply part of the company too – seems like a very poor deal for the people of Ireland.

Just to give a comparison – we were told that €50m was spent by Bord Gais on consultants in 2013 to help set up Irish Water – yet the state are selling off a fully operational profit making business with a valuable power station for just 3 times that amount !"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Phoebas wrote: »
    IW has no power to increase rates. That power lies with the CER.

Nice one, and how are the CER commisioners appointed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Why else would a private company want your PPS no?

A PPS number is a very valuable commodity for IW,that number basically has every bit of info about you attached to it.The selling of such info is big business these days and with a shedload of PPS numbers IW hold the keys to the kingdom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

zerks wrote: »
    A PPS number is a very valuable commodity for IW,that number basically has every bit of info about you attached to it.The selling of such info is big business these days and with a shedload of PPS numbers IW hold the keys to the kingdom.

But giving someone your pps doesn't give them access to that info. All they have is what you give them.

Exactly, that's why it's unwise to give it to private companies in exchange for a few buckets of water

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mynameismud

Make sure to remove your name and address before it goes in the bin. There are criminals out there going through bins to commit identity fraud.

Should I check under the bed for the bogey man too?

Exactly, that's why it's unwise to give it to private companies in exchange for a few buckets of water

Did you give it to your mortgage provider?

• Advertisement

Did you give it to your mortgage provider?

Paid cash sorry to disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Hijpo wrote: »
    Nice one, and how are the CER commisioners appointed?

Do your own research.
    Start here and report back with your findings.
    http://www.cer.ie/about-cer

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mynameismud

As has been said , you'll be charged irregardless

I know,through government funding as you said yourself a few posts back

, the pack is an application for allowances... You're binning / Burning your free water.. good job.

No such thing as "free water"

Paid cash sorry to disappoint

Of course you did. :rolleyes:

Of course you did. :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that I'm lying?

Do your own research.
    Start here and report back with your findings.
    http://www.cer.ie/about-cer

lol

You went to the bother of copy and pasting the link to the info but didnt read it yourself to answer a question directed at you?

Talk about ducking and diving.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A champion for IW suggesting others are lying - oh the irony of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Has this been changed yet?
    Marketing
    Irish Water and/or authorised agents acting on behalf of Irish Water may wish to contact the customer by text message, email, post, landline or in person about water related products or services which may be of interest to the customer ("Marketing Purpose").
    If the customer does not wish to be contacted for Marketing Purposes as set out above, the customer may exercise a right of opt-out by either writing to Irish Water at FREEPOST, Irish Water, Data Protection Opt-out, PO Box 860, South City Delivery Office, Cork City or by calling Irish Water on 1890 278 278.

A champion for IW suggesting others are lying - oh the irony of it.

Nice one :pac:

Yes. I thought the sarcastic face was pretty explanatory.

• Advertisement

lol

You went to the bother of copy and pasting the link to the info but didnt read it yourself to answer a question directed at you?

Talk about ducking and diving.

The big CER cover-up :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I've heard that if you take a piss in a restaurant or pub they are going to charge you 50c.

Need to know if this is true quickly, it's very important

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I've heard that if you take a piss in a restaurant or pub they are going to charge you 50c.

Need to know if this is true quickly, it's very important

If you give them your PPS number it's free.

The big CER cover-up :pac:

Another tactic used by government, apply some off the cuff ridicule to an answer to make the issue they should be addressing seem absurd.

Why would you think that its a cover up?

I only commented on you not answering a question directed at you, opting instead to provide a link to the information and telling me to find it myself when youv obviously already found it. Its pathetic.

Are the people that set the rates appointed by a department in the organisation that want to charge people for water?

You would imagine its a simple Yes/No answer.
    Phoebas or another of their ilk will no doubt come up with some big spiel of how it doesnt matter. :rolleyes:

If you give them your PPS number it's free.

Ha ha !,,

Yes. I thought the sarcastic face was pretty explanatory.

Just like Edna's

I only commented on you not answering a question directed at you, opting instead to provide a link to the information and telling me to find it myself when youv obviously already found it. Its pathetic.

Aw sorry. I thought it was a rhetorical question. I assumed that you had at least a remedial knowledge about the topic you were discussing.

Alas.

Aw sorry. I thought it was a rhetorical question. I assumed that you had at least a remedial knowledge about the topic you were discussing.

Alas.

Oh look another government tactic, respond with a blatant put down. It has a number of uses this one. It makes one feel big amongst the cohorts as they see it as scoring a point against the others, it also detracts from giving an answer in the first place and finally it will hopefully deter anyone from asking another question on the topic for fear they might get an answer full of ridicule.

It really is pathetic.

The commissioners of CER who set the rates for water are appointed by the government who want to charge us with metering in conjunction with increased taxes for same service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

can the pack be filled out and sent back with the PPS number witheld?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

can the pack be filled out and sent back with the PPS number witheld?

It can but only via registered post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement