Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,026 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

If it was about water conservation, building regulations could have been changed to incorporate rain water harvesting at any time. Bull**** is exactly what it is.

I think metering and charging will help towards conservation. I took a pint glass into the bathroom. In the morning when I run the hot tap it has to run 5 pints until the water gets hot. I am putting that water into a container and using it to flush the toilet. People letting the tap run while they brush their teeth are using between 12 and 18 litres. If everyone stopped this practice it would save as much as is being lost by all the leaks. A leaking tap wastes 5000 litres a year or more.

http://www.waterwise.org.uk/pages/faqs.html

Although trying to get used to this new regime can apparently be stressful. I'm not sure how reliable this source is.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/10/01/****ing-hero-lets-tap-run-while-brushing-his-teeth/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Dont worry, at the same time Rosa Parks was making her stand, similar disgusting excuses for humans, ( as some on here) would been denying her right to protest and hoping the police knocked ten bells of **** out of her.
    Hmmmn, wonder who that dig is about. You are calling anti-anti-protesters "disgusting human beings"

Read your history, Rosa Parks did not assault anyone, nor did she scream obscenities in someone's face, nor did she start kicking the bus. She was the epitome of a dignified peaceful protest. The police had no need to pepper spray her.
    Compare her to the yobbos "protesting" at Joan Burton yesterday. If you see no difference then I nearly feel pity for you.

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Hmmmn, wonder who that dig is about. You are calling anti-anti-protesters disgusting human beings"

Read your history, Rosa Parks did not assault anyone, nor did she scream obscenities in someone's face, nor did she start kicking the bus. She was the epitome of a dignified peaceful protest. The police had no need to pepper spray her.
    Compare her to the yobbos "protesting" at Joan Burton yesterday. If you see no difference then I nearly feel pity for you.

Im calling those who want to see the Gardai baton charge protesters and pepper spray them disgusting human beings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I think metering and charging will help towards conservation. I took a pint glass into the bathroom. In the morning when I run the hot tap it has to run 5 pints until the water gets hot. I am putting that water into a container and using it to flush the toilet. People letting the tap run while they brush their teeth are using between 12 and 18 litres. If everyone stopped this practice it would save as much as is being lost by all the leaks. A leaking tap wastes 5000 litres a year or more.

http://www.waterwise.org.uk/pages/faqs.html

Although trying to get used to this new regime can apparently be stressful. I'm not sure how reliable this source is.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/10/01/****ing-hero-lets-tap-run-while-brushing-his-teeth/

I know all about water conservation, I built a rain water fed outhouse a few years ago and I recently put another IBC tank at the back of my house which supplies my indoor toilet. In total, I have over 3000 litres of rain water storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Im calling those who want to see the Gardai baton charge protesters and pepper spray them disgusting human beings.
    And your man who was screaming at Joan Burton, calling her a hag. or a poster calling her an "animal", what type of human being are they? Grand lads, I suppose

• Advertisement

I know all about water conservation, I built a rain water fed outhouse a few years ago and I recently put another IBC tank at the back of my house which supplies my indoor toilet. In total, I have over 3000 litres of rain water storage.

I expect though that as part of the campaign to sabotage IW other protestors who have no intention of ever paying any bill will be running their taps 24/7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

S.O wrote: »

Whoever wrote that will have to pay the postage to get it returned. An Post will have fulfilled their contract by delivering it and that is all they were paid for.

If it had one of the legitimate endorsements which An Post do recognise like "Deceased" or "Gone away" they would return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

that geebag wouldnt even get out of the car.
    they haven't a clue what the normal people are going through.seen a good video on how to remove the bluetooth device.

that geebag wouldnt even get out of the car.
    they haven't a clue what the normal people are going through.seen a good video on how to remove the bluetooth device.

Is it legal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

Is it legal?

wouldnt think so

S.O wrote: »

Good video, the guy giving the legal advice is a solicitor and was talk on highlands radio.

Good video, the guy giving the legal advice is a solicitor and was talk on highlands radio.

Who is the instruction "Return to Sender" meant for? No party is under any contract to follow that instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

S.R. wrote: »
    Just found article. In some parts of Britain householders pay close to 600 euro! F*cking hell!

We've already been told that the current fees for water will only cover about half the cost. Our fees will go to €600 and beyond in no time. Water + home tax will cost a lot of us €1500-€2k of after tax money before the end of the decade.

We've already been told that the current fees for water will only cover about half the cost. Our fees will go to €600 and beyond in no time. Water + home tax will cost a lot of us €1500-€2k of after tax money before the end of the decade.

Are you forgetting the democratic process? The current charges are fixed until the end of 2016. There will be a new government in place before the charges can be changed. And there is a regulator who has to approve any price changes.

You may have worked out what is your possible total, but what is this "us" business? The owner of a mutimillion mansion is already paying much more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

When the money gouging arm of this quango is privatised, which it will be as per the IMF/ECB agreement, the rates charged will skyrocket.
    The water infrastructure in the country will remain in the hands of the state and the rest will be sold to the highest bidder or 'tax non dom' if FG are still in office.
    Make no mistake about it, the ECB have instructed Ireland to dispose of 'state assets' in order to pay off debt.
    It's in the MOU.

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    When the money gouging arm of this quango is privatised, which it will be as per the IMF/ECB agreement, the rates charged will skyrocket.
    The water infrastructure in the country will remain in the hands of the state and the rest will be sold to the highest bidder or 'tax non dom' if FG are still in office.
    Make no mistake about it, the ECB have instructed Ireland to dispose of 'state assets' in order to pay off debt.
    It's in the MOU.

What if FG are out of office?

Someone else may get the chance to buy it.

Someone else may get the chance to buy it.

Don't you mean will get the chance? Is that not what is in the MOU?

Who is the instruction "Return to Sender" meant for? No party is under any contract to follow that instruction.

Thats just the images someone has linked to the radio recording, I have no idea about the return to sender part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Are you forgetting the democratic process? The current charges are fixed until the end of 2016. There will be a new government in place before the charges can be changed. And there is a regulator who has to approve any price changes.

Almost every new charge ever introduced in this country has crept up and up and up once it has been established. 2016 is only 15 months away. As for the regulator - "Ask and ye shall receive".
    You may have worked out what is your possible total, but what is this "us" business? The owner of a mutimillion mansion is already paying much more than that.

By, "us", I mean normal families in normal homes - particularly in urban or suburban areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Tbh, I'm convinced they might be gone from office sometime in the new year, possibly before June.

There is great misconceptions out there that the electorate 'voted for water charges'

This is untrue. As can be seen on the streets all over the country now.

FG have now been responsible for turning relations between many ordinary people and the Garda sour.

I hope it was worth it Enda.

Thats just the images someone has linked to the radio recording, I have no idea about the return to sender part.

I didn't think much of that solicitor. He seems to think that the application process involves a signature, which it doesn't. He also waffled a lot, but maybe that is a trait of the profession. I would certainly get him to put any legal advice in writing if he was working for me.

Don't you mean will get the chance? Is that not what is in the MOU?

The MOU instructs Ireland to dispose of state assets to pay down debt (a percentage can be used to invest in the country too.)
    Going on FG's form, i.e selling siteserv to 'tax non dom' after getting the taxpayer to pay €100 million of the €143 million in debt that company was carrying, then awarding him the meter contract, it would follow that if FG were still in office when the money gouging arm of Irish Water is sold that 'tax non dom' would be their preferred buyer.
    Have you ever looked into how FG had £1.3 million in party debt paid off some years ago?
    You really should delve into the relationship that they have with this man.

Tbh, I'm convinced they might be gone from office sometime in the new year, possibly before June.

There is great misconceptions out there that the electorate 'voted for water charges'

This is untrue. As can be seen on the streets all over the country now.

FG have now been responsible for turning relations between many ordinary people and the Garda sour.

I hope it was worth it Enda.

It may have been you, apologies if it wasn't, who assured me on the HHC thread that the government was going to fall by July 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Is Denis O'Brien some kind of a Voldemort character? Some people seem to be afraid to speak his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

It may have been you, apologies if it wasn't, who assured me on the HHC thread that the government was going to fall by July 2013.

Apologies accepted.

Can I ask you though, do you recall great swathes of protests all over the island, hand to hand fighting among the Gardai and citizens?

With the sudden emergence of all the cronyism from within the coalition, and the great unpopularity of them trying to impose a charge for water, it would be foolish in the extreme to rule out the Govt bring brought down.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Is Denis O'Brien some kind of a Voldemort character? Some people seem to be afraid to speak his name.

It's a legal thing.
    I wouldn't want the site to get into trouble.

Banjo makes the same prediction about the imminent fall of the government every few weeks.
    He'll be right sometime I suppose.

• Advertisement

It's a legal thing.
    I wouldn't want the site to get into trouble.

I'm sure Boards are glad they have such legally astute people like yourself posting on the site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement