Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Hopefully this government goes the full term.
    I'd want the electorate to be fully informed next time they vote in a GE.
    Another 18 months of cronyism and corruption will see FG returned to their home on the opposition benches.

Phoebas wrote: »
    I'm sure Boards are glad they have such legally astute people like yourself posting on the site.

I'm sure they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Are you forgetting the democratic process? The current charges are fixed until the end of 2016. There will be a new government in place before the charges can be changed. And there is a regulator who has to approve any price changes.

You may have worked out what is your possible total, but what is this "us" business? The owner of a mutimillion mansion is already paying much more than that.

By any chance is that the same regulator who took us from having the cheapest electricity in Europe to one of the most expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

I don't really know what to think, FG seem to carry the can every time FF screw up. Water meter s were installed in our estate in 2005 so there were plans for this pre recession. I think people will reelect FF next election cos memories are short but to me that's the greater of 2 evils.

Satriale wrote: »
    By any chance is that the same regulator who took us from having the cheapest electricity in Europe to one of the most expensive?

We could have a whole thread on 'regulators' in this country.
    Remember the lad that 'regulated' the banks? €650,000 payoff and €130k pa pension.
    There's a reason that they need more and more of our money.

• Advertisement

Is Ralph Fiennes some kind of a Voldemort character? Some people seem to be afraid to speak his name.

FTforyou. for your own good;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Gmol wrote: »
    I don't really know what to think, FG seem to carry the can every time FF screw up. Water meter s were installed in our estate in 2005 so there were plans for this pre recession. I think people will reelect FF next election cos memories are short but to me that's the greater of 2 evils.

They're as bad as each other. FF never spent a penny during the boom without FG/Lab howling from the sidelines that they should have spent two.

Gmol wrote: »

Were FG in control of your local council or FF?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

FTforyou. for your own good;)

That was a close one. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Über Micro PCs

There are millions of us and dozens of them.er...but that doesnt matter a **** apparently.

Keep on bending over Ireland,keep on paying for ****(well occasionally piss in this case),"do it for the euro" do it for the country,do it for the banks but just keep on ****ing doing it.

For the plebs not giving a **** because they can afford it...your time is coming too,oh wait its already here,the middle class is ****ed,skint or leaving if they can,kids get nothing for all the taxes you pay,no health care worth talking about but lets all agree that we should pay for water riddled with fluoride and literal crap.

Irish history littered with sellouts and self serving ****s,good job not breaking with tradition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,026 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Same regulator. I just had a quick look, it's all about the interpretation of the phrase "one of the most expensive". Fourth highest for electricity, but a group of countries like Spain, Belgium and Italy are around the same price point. The average for the measuring unit is €20.10, we are €24.10. But the average is influenced downwards by a group of less developed countries which are well below the average. Germany and Denmark are a good bit higher than us. The same regulator has managed to keep our gas prices below the average.

I haven't been aware of any great movement amongst householders to devise ways of saving electricity and gas recently. Rather than obsessing on exotic ways to save a bit of water, there must be a lot of scope to make savings on electricity which is a far higher household expense. At least it will be for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

[url]Http://www.water.ie[/url]

"Irish Water?

Irish Water is a separate subsidiary within Bord Gáis Éireann.

The Government have explicitly stated that Irish Water will remain within public ownership.

There is absolutely no intention to privatise water services. The investment in the water sector is key to our country's strategic interests and legislation will restate the existing prohibition on the privatisation of water assets.

The sale of Bord Gáis Energy will have no impact on the public ownership of Irish Water."

Imagine...

No its not possible,is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I regard the following as scare mongering. IW is going to be privatised. The price of water is going to skyrocket. Your PPS number is going to be sold on. People who are not customers of IW are going to be forced to become customers. The Gardai are being used as a private security force.

All of these claims have been made here. If anyone can provide real evidence I will withdraw my accusation of scaremongering.

Im not going to go through this thread and the property tax thread and the HHc thread to show the common user names using the same theme of reply that spread from one thread to another. I'm also not going on an evidence gathering mission to counter your post even though there is plenty to find.

I see in another post someone says i am potentially calling people shills. Not once have a mentioned anyone in association with being a shill but if posters are being badgerd by the same people using the same methods and lines as government use then I can see why those people would need to get defensive of being compared to one.

Anyway, on we go with IW and how ridiculous the whole company is from its creation and assembly of the board to the dodgy installers and the giant grey area that they want to call charges.

Same regulator. I just had a quick look, it's all about the interpretation of the phrase "one of the most expensive". Fourth highest for electricity, but a group of countries like Spain, Belgium and Italy are around the same price point. The average for the measuring unit is €20.10, we are €24.10. But the average is influenced downwards by a group of less developed countries which are well below the average. Germany and Denmark are a good bit higher than us. The same regulator has managed to keep our gas prices below the average.

I haven't been aware of any great movement amongst householders to devise ways of saving electricity and gas recently. Rather than obsessing on exotic ways to save a bit of water, there must be a lot of scope to make savings on electricity which is a far higher household expense. At least it will be for me.

One way or another we went from best value from a customer point of view to one of the worst, (4th as you point out) so opening the market to "competition" did not work for us . Less than half a million homes have gas, makes sense to keep gas prices down when theres competition in oil/solid fuel.
    Every home in Ireland has electricity! 1.9 million. Captive audience anyone?
    They can play pretend competition all they want, but the base price still fcuks us. Much as the base price will fcuk us with a semi private(if we are lucky!) IrishWater (also delivered to most of those 1.9 million captives.(sorry,i've no figures for private wells)).

Any idea why irish water are so reticent to release sign up figures? IIRC Hogan and the revenue were on the blower day in day out with "encouraging" figures.
    Could it be that all is not well on that front?

Any idea why irish water are so reticent to release sign up figures? IIRC Hogan and the revenue were on the blower day in day out with "encouraging" figures.

It's part of the openness and transparency that enda promised in his democratic revolution.....:D

One way or another we went from best value from a customer point of view to one of the worst, (4th as you point out) so opening the market to "competition" did not work for us . Less than half a million homes have gas, makes sense to keep gas prices down when theres competition in oil/solid fuel.
    Every home in Ireland has electricity! 1.9 million. Captive audience anyone?
    They can play pretend competition all they want, but the base price still fcuks us. Much as the base price will fcuk us with a semi private(if we are lucky!) IrishWater (also delivered to most of those 1.9 million captives.(sorry,i've no figures for private wells)).

OK, I had to do a bit of research to answer your question about the regulator. You have the information already to hand since you know that we were at some point one of the lowest and we moved to fourth highest. So please give me the details, what dates, how much and what position on the league table.

gladrags wrote: »
    [URL]Http://www.water.ie[/URL]

"Irish Water?

Irish Water is a separate subsidiary within Bord Gáis Éireann.

The Government have explicitly stated that Irish Water will remain within public ownership.

There is absolutely no intention to privatise water services. The investment in the water sector is key to our country's strategic interests and legislation will restate the existing prohibition on the privatisation of water assets.

The sale of Bord Gáis Energy will have no impact on the public ownership of Irish Water."

Imagine...

No its not possible,is it?

As you mention Bord Gais, people should give a google of Bord Gais debt collecting agencies, theres a few threads on boards about them. One where they were using a 6 year old child as leverage to collect money. I cant say if IW will be using the same methods but it is a subsidiary of the company.

So any of you who are not going to pay Irish water just be aware of the methods of their parent company and their "agents" (who of course will have PPS numbers in this case)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92408632

Hijpo wrote: »
    Im not going to go through this thread and the property tax thread and the HHc thread to show the common user names using the same theme of reply that spread from one thread to another. I'm also not going on an evidence gathering mission to counter your post even though there is plenty to find.

I see in another post someone says i am potentially calling people shills. Not once have a mentioned anyone in association with being a shill but if posters are being badgerd by the same people using the same methods and lines as government use then I can see why those people would need to get defensive of being compared to one.

Anyway, on we go with IW and how ridiculous the whole company is from its creation and assembly of the board to the dodgy installers and the giant grey area that they want to call charges.

What does being badgered mean? Any examples?

It's like harranguing.
    Ask Joan Burton, she's an expert in those matters.

To use the words of one of your brethren, do your own research.

• Advertisement

OK, I had to do a bit of research to answer your question about the regulator. You have the information already to hand since you know that we were at some point one of the lowest and we moved to fourth highest. So please give me the details, what dates, how much and what position on the league table.

Sorry DX you'll just have to take my word , it may have been Vincent Browne or Primetime and i dont record them for posterity! i think i may have done the same ressearch as you hence my "almost", but i couldnt find an online link for "lowest price". Much as id like, not every morsel of knowledge is on the internet.

If you disagree with the figures im happy to agree to disagree:).

To use the words of one of your brethren, do your own research.

Just did an extensive analysis of the threads and I'm happy to report there is no evidence of any badgering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Conditioned individuals constantly bombarded with threats will lay down and say to themselves... I better do what I am told or someone will point a finger at me, but I am shy, and don't want to be an individual, so I will pay, as I am safer in the collective-group. I would rather be an attachment of the conditioned group of minds as they see.

If all reasonably intelligent Irish citizens all banded together and said NO, we're not paying it, then that would be the end of it all.

But the majority of intelligent individuals recognise the benefits of a water charge system and will pay.
    You're right, and Rosa Parks was a bitch for giving that bus driver abuse when he was just DOING HIS JOB, and that Chinese lad pissing off the tank driver who was just DOING HIS JOB, and don't get me started on all those feckin Jews screaming at the lads just trying to DO THEIR JOB by shoving them into the chambers.

Talk about putting yourself on a pedestal.

Now you're just trying to veil it. If you want to call someone out on something do it. If you have evidence show it. Stop with all this nod and a wink stuff as if you know something nobody else does.

It would seem badgering is being asked a question you have no reasonable answer to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

@ Little CuChulainn

With 44% of their country's water leaked into the ether ? makes sense alright.
    But the majority of intelligent individuals recognise the benefits of a water charge system and will pay.
    Twice, like conditioned robots. Seriously, what strange dimension are people living in ? that cannot distinguish between Just & Unjust. Just like the other property-tax scenario... pay for your house twice... Eh I just finished the full payments of my abode, but, I am told I have to pay to own my own house just after I have paid for it fully ? WTF planet is your comment on dude ?

Well let me forward you to the twilight zone in regards to this arse-ways scenario...

Now you're just trying to veil it. If you want to call someone out on something do it. If you have evidence show it. Stop with all this nod and a wink stuff as if you know something nobody else does.

Well now, that's my knuckles rapped.
    I better not rock that boat again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Think. F F but not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

There are millions of us and dozens of them.er...but that doesnt matter a **** apparently.

Keep on bending over Ireland,keep on paying for ****(well occasionally piss in this case),"do it for the euro" do it for the country,do it for the banks but just keep on ****ing doing it.

For the plebs not giving a **** because they can afford it...your time is coming too,oh wait its already here,the middle class is ****ed,skint or leaving if they can,kids get nothing for all the taxes you pay,no health care worth talking about but lets all agree that we should pay for water riddled with fluoride and literal crap.

Irish history littered with sellouts and self serving ****s,good job not breaking with tradition.

The middle class is fvcked and it will be even more ****ed if the likes of the shinners and a bunch of the wacky independents running on LPT or water tax platforms and nothing else get into power, since as usual everything is to blame on the middle class.

Once the middle class is truly killed as you seem to want to delight in though let me ask who's going to create the jobs and business that are paying for the country as it is right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

A spot of embarrassment for SF on the water charge debate. A Sinn Feiner posted a fake Facebook conversation with Paul Murphy (current candidate in the Dublin South West by election) with Murphy basically saying that he would roll over on the Water charges issue if he got elected.

The fake message was circulated by Mary Lou and others in Sinn Fein who was forced into an embarrassing apology when she was caught out playing very dirty politics.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/mary-lou-forced-to-apologise-over-fake-online-chat-30639019.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24,106 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Can't post a link on mobile, but another Indo article today publishes polling data that 1 in 5 will not pay the charges, citing a variety of reasons given - affordability, poor quality supply, the wastage not being addressed, already paying with taxes, disagreement in principle.

IW and Govt are worried about mass disobedience in refusal to pay wrecking the viability of the company. They also say the options to force people to pay are limited and that restriction of supply may not impact people noticeably unless they are in an area of the network with already low pressure.

This message will hopefully gain traction, it is exactly what needs to happen to remove this unnecessary money pit quango. They need to be bankrupted before they even get going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Bang_Bang

A spot of embarrassment for SF on the water charge debate. A Sinn Feiner posted a fake Facebook conversation with Paul Murphy (current candidate in the Dublin South West by election) with Murphy basically saying that he would roll over on the Water charges issue if he got elected.

The fake message was circulated by Mary Lou and others in Sinn Fein who was forced into an embarrassing apology when she was caught out playing very dirty politics.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/mary-lou-forced-to-apologise-over-fake-online-chat-30639019.html

Hmmm dirty politics ? That's never happened with FF, FG or labour?
    And Dennis owns that rag you linked to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement