Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***ALL THINGS IRISH WATER/WATER CHARGE RELATED POST HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

FREETV wrote: »
    I meant that people need to get off their butts, be proactive, protest and vote for Independents or Sinn Fein even in the next General Election and boycott the rest of the lowdown, shady, power hungry, Elite subservient lot.

I'd let Enda take me in the rear while I sit on my hands before I'd cast a vote for any of the scumbag Shinners.

Most of the independents are economically illiterate morons too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

What is it anyway with the anti water charge people and their obsession with anal sex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

I meant that people need to get off their butts, be proactive, protest and vote for Independents or Sinn Fein even in the next General Election and boycott the rest of the lowdown, shady, power hungry, Elite subservient lot.
    The phrase much of a muchness springs to mind as the other three Parties all have the same agendas.

The taking it in the rear starts later in January if people decide to pay for water and it will effect everybody's quality of life in general except the wealthy of course with lots of expendable/disposable incomes.

Lowdown and Shady are two words that could be used to describe Sinn Fein perfectly to be fair. As for voting in a general election aren't all the people running for election power hungry. Otherwise what are they running for, 'not to have power'?:confused:

Are you saying that if Sinn Fein and a pile of independents ever get into power (never going to happen) they will spend 5 years trying to pass the power from one to another?

Phoebas wrote: »
    What is it anyway with the anti water charge people and their obsession with anal sex?

Douches use water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

I'd let Enda take me in the rear while I sit on my hands before I'd cast a vote for any of the scumbag Shinners.

as economically crack pot as the shinners are, i'd take their watery policies over kenny's pandering to europe anyday of the week.

making a balls up of the country can be fixed, handing it over to the european elite to carve up is something we'll be fighting to change for decades to come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Phoebas wrote: »

Their dirty.

as economically crack pot as the shinners are, i'd take their watery policies over kenny's pandering to europe anyday of the week.

making a balls up of the country can be fixed, handing it over to the european elite to carve up is something we'll be fighting to change for decades to come.

Unfortunately though when the European Elite have stuck their hands in their pockets to bail out little old Ireland we wouldn't have much chance of operating independently from them.

If you watch love/hate
    you would see that nidge went to Spain to borrow money from Terrance who sent
    his nephew back with Nidge to ensure he gets his money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

geeksauce wrote: »
    Unfortunately though when the European Elite have stuck their hands in their pockets to bail out little old Ireland we wouldn't have much chance of operating independently from them.

If you watch love/hate

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/42-of-europes-banking-crisis-paid-by-ireland-219703.html
    Ireland has paid 42% of the total cost of the European banking crisis, at a cost of close to €9,000 per person, according to Eurostat.

The full extent of the burden should strengthen the Government’s demands for a deal on the bank debt, although Germany is especially reluctant.

The figures show that while the banking crisis cost Berlin €40bn, Ireland is liable for €41bn. With fractions of the population and GDP of the EU’s biggest state, the crisis has cost Ireland 25% of GDP and Germany 1.5%.

listermint wrote: »

How much has Germany borrowed by way of bailouts though? I do believe it is unfair to expect Ireland to carry such a burden however my point was that Irelands finances were screwed by Ahern and Cowen we needed a bailout and that bailout came with certain conditions.

If I was to lend someone vast sums of money I would want to have some idea of how they intend to repay it, I certainly wouldn't blindly hand it over.

Ireland: Here, Europe we need about €70bn please.

Europe: Sure here you go, but first how do you intend to repay it.

Ireland: Ah sure, you know us, we have a great track record of sound financial management, you will get it back, no worries at all.

Europe: Erm, actually based on your track record in terms of financial management we really will have to insist on putting some conditions in place to guarantee this money is repaid.

Sinn Fein: Eh that's not fair.

If you watch love/hate

the figures are in the open. we got screwed to hold up their system, not to bail us (as a country) out.

i bail out my mates when they need it. i dont hold them over the fire for it until they pay me back.

• Advertisement

the figures are in the open. we got screwed to hold up their system, not to bail us (as a country) out.

i bail out my mates when they need it. i dont hold them over the fire for it until they pay me back.

So if I went to you and said 'will you lend me €100' you would hand it over no questions asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

How much has Germany borrowed by way of bailouts though? I do believe it is unfair to expect Ireland to carry such a burden however my point was that Irelands finances were screwed by Ahern and Cowen we needed a bailout and that bailout came with certain conditions.

If I was to lend someone vast sums of money I would want to have some idea of how they intend to repay it, I certainly wouldn't blindly hand it over.

Ireland: Here, Europe we need about €70bn please.

Europe: Sure here you go, but first how do you intend to repay it.

Ireland: Ah sure, you know us, we have a great track record of sound financial management, you will get it back, no worries at all.

Europe: Erm, actually based on your track record in terms of financial management we really will have to insist on putting some conditions in place to guarantee this money is repaid.

Sinn Fein: Eh that's not fair.

You are confusing sovereign debt and private debt.

The money that the government borrow is loaned at a rate based on our economy, not on whether bondholders in private ompanies were burnt.

Our sovereign debt was 80% of GDP. This jumped to 120% of GDP.

This caused a large part of the rise in the rate of interest rate.

So if I went to you and said 'will you lend me €100' you would hand it over no questions asked?

if you were a mate and i had it spare then yes, of course i would.

ireland had been cosy with europe long before the bail out. its not as if we just arrived on this planet as strangers looking for a few billion.

you also have to remember that underneath all the BS, it was us taking a bailout that held up the german system. the bail out wasnt a one way street like they'd have you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Water charges are a direct violation and stranglehold by the Government and the EU.
    Instead of Mein Kampf as Hitler wrote it will be Unser Kampf after January if you all give in to being forced against your will and it will continue and prices will increase and the two faced liars will sell off Uisce Eireann/Irish Water.

They will say anthing, make promises every time to get elected and never keep them because they know that the vast majority of people are docile, gullible and will give in eventually and believe their lies.
    The water service/supply will not improve and that is a fact.
    They employ Spin Doctors to pull the wool over the Publics eyes and brain wash you on fixed Current Affairs Programmes.

if you were a mate and i had it spare then yes, of course i would.

ireland had been cosy with europe long before the bail out. its not as if we just arrived on this planet as strangers looking for a few billion.

you also have to remember that underneath all the BS, it was us taking a bailout that held up the german system. the bail out wasnt a one way street like they'd have you believe.

Yes I know that, I understand that Europe was dependant on Ireland too, however the point still stands that borrowing money from someone especially the amounts we did borrow will always come with conditions attached.

Water charges are a direct violation and stranglehold by the Government and the EU.
    Instead of Mein Kampf as Hitler wrote it will be Unser Kampf after January if you all give in to being forced against your will and it will continue and prices will increase and the two faced liars will sell off Uisce Eireann/Irish Water.

They will say anthing, make promises every time to get elected and never keep them because they know that the vast majority of people are docile, gullible and will give in eventually and believe their lies.
    They employ Spin Doctors to pull the wool over the Publics eyes and brain wash you on fixed Current Affairs Programmes.

Sinn Fein and the Independents are different though?

And what are water charges a direct violation of?

Yes I know that, I understand that Europe was dependant on Ireland too, however the point still stands that borrowing money from someone especially the amounts we did borrow will always come with conditions attached.

and bailing out another country should have minimised those conditions.

i didnt vote the current or previous government in. i didnt sign any bail out agreement. i didnt (and still dont) have personal debt in the banking/credit system.

im not going to pay for the mistakes of others just as i dont expect them to pay for mine.

and despite the secretiveness of who 'the bondholders' are, im certainly not lining the pockets of a certain (questionably) jewish banking dynasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Water charges are a direct violation of a necessary human right.
    Water is life and the human body consists of sixty percent water too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

i didnt vote the current or previous government in. i didnt sign any bail out agreement. i didnt (and still dont) have personal debt in the banking/credit system.

im not going to pay for the mistakes of others just as i dont expect them to pay for mine.

and despite the secretiveness of who 'the bondholders' are, im certainly not lining the pockets of a certain (questionably) jewish banking dynasty.

He will ignore all of your valid comments, Because you know it was the Irish people that caused all the issues. Oh yeah and our governance that too. Nothing to do with shady lending practices elsewhere.

listermint wrote: »
    He will ignore all of your valid comments, Because you know it was the Irish people that caused all the issues. Oh yeah and our governance that too. Nothing to do with shady lending practices elsewhere.

i'll assume its because of fear. i understand that the reality of this planet's situation is very frightening for some people, ive a mother who doesnt want to know, her ignorance is her bliss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

And who should people vote for instead? Sinn Fein? Hardly now!! I generally think people should be entitled to vote for whomever they desire . Are the others that may come to power after the current lot going to waive their huge pensions?

Well there's a contradiction if I ever seen one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

They promised to bring in water charges before the last election, and appear to have kept to their word.

Water charges are a direct violation of a necessary human right.
    Water is life and the human body consists of sixty percent water too.

No they arent

You may not have voted them in however as a citizen you are being asked to pay for the mistakes of others like it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Valetta wrote: »
    They promised to bring in water charges before the last election, and appear to have kept to their word.

Didn't they oppose property taxes before the election (FG)?

Well there's a contradiction if I ever seen one.

I said generally, so there is no contradiction. Anyone voting for Sinn Fein should be sectioned imo

Valetta wrote: »

i appear to remember kenny saying the opposite until the troika got involved... maybe he lied to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,118 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I said generally, so there is no contradiction. Anyone voting for Sinn Fein should be sectioned imo

Come 2016 (or before) that'll need to be some massive big nut-house so....

You may not have voted them in however as a citizen you are being asked to pay for the mistakes of others like it or not.

and im also refusing and protesting the point whether they like it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Come 2016 (or before) that'll need to be some massive big nut-house so....

If Sinn Fein get into power I expect it will be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement